Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This New Zealand section

This New Zealand section

Old May 1st 2007, 8:14 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough
Default This New Zealand section

is depressing me.

Come on peeps. Please, someone, post SOMETHING, which will be worth talking about.

weather...scodas....weather....

It's like walking into a New Zealand boozer...and expecting signs of life.

Are all the people who move to NZ tree huggers? It seems like it. We love Nature... Even when somebody slags the place we get the hippy trippy feel good speil "Well at least you tried, and good luck back in the UK"!

I know NZ is boring, but c'mon, do me a favour and stay of the st johns for a few days to get some fire in your belly...

Life. But not as you know it. In New Zealand.

Where is badger when we need him?
Old May 1st 2007, 8:18 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This New Zealand section

Originally Posted by AlbieLittle
is depressing me.

Cheer up Albie!! The New Zealand section isn't for everybody but at least you tried!!!

Good luck trying to make it more interesting!!
Old May 1st 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

is depressing me.

Come on peeps. Please, someone, post SOMETHING, which will be worth talking about.

weather...scodas....weather....

It's like walking into a New Zealand boozer...and expecting signs of life.

Are all the people who move to NZ tree huggers? It seems like it. We love Nature... Even when somebody slags the place we get the hippy trippy feel good speil "Well at least you tried, and good luck back in the UK"!

I know NZ is boring, but c'mon, do me a favour and stay of the st johns for a few days to get some fire in your belly...

Life. But not as you know it. In New Zealand.

Where is badger when we need him?

Yes bring on the badger...... I want some more of his pictures.....!
Old May 1st 2007, 8:37 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Yes bring on the badger...... I want some more of his pictures.....!
Yeah, me too! I'm sick of all the "im soooo happy" in NZ brigade.

Genesis has a lot of explaining to do. He likes Palmy North!

Start an argument? What me? No! Never
Old May 1st 2007, 8:38 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

And what is wrong with Palmy North?

(I've never been there, but I thought I'd try and kick things off)
Old May 1st 2007, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted a thread just now on something that I watched on NZ today.
Should get the tree huggers in a spin.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

is depressing me.
Even when somebody slags the place we get the hippy trippy feel good speil "Well at least you tried, and good luck back in the UK"!

Is your quote a reference to a post I made?
If so I don't class myself as "hippy trippy" whatever that's supposed to mean - the poster started a thread called "I'm sorry" - I don't think people should be made to feel sorry for their posts / threads. I do believe good on people for doing something with their life instead of thinking of what they could have done / been etc and so what if it goes pear shaped, at least they know it wasn't for them

I don't find NZ boring but then we don't let ourselves get bored - what's your excuse for finding NZ boring? Or maybe I find NZ so exciting because I live in the terrible area known as Porirua where the Mongrel Mob have taken over the streets and we are all poor - you decide.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by donnaf
Is your quote a reference to a post I made?
If so I don't class myself as "hippy trippy" whatever that's supposed to mean - the poster started a thread called "I'm sorry" - I don't think people should be made to feel sorry for their posts / threads. I do believe good on people for doing something with their life instead of thinking of what they could have done / been etc and so what if it goes pear shaped, at least they know it wasn't for them

I don't find NZ boring but then we don't let ourselves get bored - what's your excuse for finding NZ boring? Or maybe I find NZ so exciting because I live in the terrible area known as Porirua where the Mongrel Mob have taken over the streets and we are all poor - you decide.
seconds out round 2
Old May 1st 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
seconds out round 2
Is he still in his corner??? C'mon Albie, where are you?????
Old May 1st 2007, 10:46 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Avid
And what is wrong with Palmy North?

(I've never been there, but I thought I'd try and kick things off)
ERM .
I had a job offer there recently as a transfer from my Co to another branch(promo) ,went ,looked ,turned it down ,returned to Upper Hutt .NO COMPETITION .SHIZENHOLE AS WE SAY IN GERMANGLISH .
Old May 1st 2007, 11:06 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm the sort of person who tries to find good in everything...i'm no hippy tree hugging weirdo...i am in fact an optimist, well i try to be.

I know that NZ isn't gonna be perfect, lets face it where is? but what i'm gonna do is make the most of what i've got and if i don't like something i'll either try and make it better (if i'm able to) or put up with it.

I don't like manic places so i'm hoping that sleepy nz which is supposed to be some 20 years behind the uk will be right up my street...that's the plan anyhow. And if that's not true i'll adjust or move to where i think will be what i'm looking for.

AND if NZ if for me and does make me deliriously happy i WILL let people know and will not be made to feel guilty for being happy.

I can't understand why someone would begrudge someone else happiness.

This is only my opinion.
take care
Old May 1st 2007, 11:10 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a realist
Old May 1st 2007, 11:13 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Am not feeling too bad with my whole lot at the moment though so can't think of anything radical to post right now ... sorry
Old May 1st 2007, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
what i'm gonna do is make the most of what i've got and if i don't like something i'll either try and make it better (if i'm able to) or put up with it.

Ummmmm....so shouldn't you stay where you are, then?
Old May 1st 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Avid
Ummmmm....so shouldn't you stay where you are, then?
just what I was thinking...... ! But good luck with the move anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.