Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand is a nation of rollie smokers

New Zealand is a nation of rollie smokers

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:19 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Question New Zealand is a nation of rollie smokers

I'm curious.
Since we have been here, I have noticed that many more people seem to smoke rollies than I ever noticed in Britain. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed a difference. It may be the culture of my work, not sure?
Steve went on to rollies a couple of years ago in an attempt to stop smoking - as did I, the difference being I have actually stopped
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:26 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand is a nation of rollie smokers

Originally Posted by karonious
I'm curious.
Since we have been here, I have noticed that many more people seem to smoke rollies than I ever noticed in Britain. Just wondered if anyone else had noticed a difference. It may be the culture of my work, not sure?
Steve went on to rollies a couple of years ago in an attempt to stop smoking - as did I, the difference being I have actually stopped
give me a few more months Karen and I should be able to report back - if I ever get another chance to ask the question that is........ :-((
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:31 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
give me a few more months Karen and I should be able to report back - if I ever get another chance to ask the question that is........ :-((
Evening bad boy, how are you? Not coughing your lungs up after that rollie then?
I know you don't smoke really, just wanted to tarnish your 'prefect' (and I did mean 'prefect') reputation!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That's true, that is . Anyone that we know who smokes is on the rollies.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:05 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Evening bad boy, how are you? Not coughing your lungs up after that rollie then?
I know you don't smoke really, just wanted to tarnish your 'prefect' (and I did mean 'prefect') reputation!
sawd off - that job's already taken.........

.....by yours truly!!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:06 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by BEVS here
That's true, that is . Anyone that we know who smokes is on the rollies.
how about the "wacky backy"??
seriously I need to know.......it burns at a different rate to the real stuff!!!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:59 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

The move to smoking rollies is due to the ever increasing cost of cigarettes over the years. It's an attempt to cut back on the cost while still being able to get the dreaded nicotine hit. Twenty years ago in NZ, Me and my friends smoked regular cigarettes. A couple or so smoked rollies when they were on the dole.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

From what I've seen it seems that well over half the number of smokers roll their own.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

how about the "wacky backy"??
seriously I need to know.......it burns at a different rate to the real stuff!!!
So wacky backy also exists in NZ..........Hmmmmm
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:44 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by kato33
ever heard of "hydroponics", well in NZ the hobbyist market is so large that there is a chain of retailers who advertise on the TV - havent seen any dodgy plants on the ad yet but you never know...... :-))
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:45 pm
you dewty owld maan!

mmmmm......that's exhaling - are you Bill Clinton??

pass the cigars..........

/ducks/
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

ever heard of "hydroponics", well in NZ the hobbyist market is so large that there is a chain of retailers who advertise on the TV - havent seen any dodgy plants on the ad yet but you never know...... :-))
But it is illegal right???
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:57 pm
you dewty owld maan!

But it is illegal right???
I couldn't possibly say.....
..hobby hydroponics is legal, posession of cannabis is illegal. making your own P is also illegal and dangerous but people still use legal ways to get stuff to make illegal stuff!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:17 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
From what I've seen it seems that well over half the number of smokers roll their own.
Exorbitant prices coupled with low wages is bound to produce this sort of thing. Afterall, people still have to pay the bills and put food on the table. I know it would make more sense to give up, but it's an extremely addictive substance and I don't see any govt subsidy on patches or gum or other cessation aids.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Exorbitant prices coupled with low wages is bound to produce this sort of thing. Afterall, people still have to pay the bills and put food on the table. I know it would make more sense to give up, but it's an extremely addictive substance and I don't see any govt subsidy on patches or gum or other cessation aids.

I think Quitline is still an option. I gave up smoking for $5 about 18 months ago

http://www.quit.org.nz./page/index.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.