Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New to the site, Newish to New Zealand, Looking for Friends

New to the site, Newish to New Zealand, Looking for Friends

Old Dec 20th 2010, 12:22 am
Just Joined

NearlyKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to the site, Newish to New Zealand, Looking for Friends

Hi all , Just discovered this site, a bit behind the times. My husband, myself and my 8 month old daughter moved out here at the end of September 2010 and I have to admit we're struggling. We love NZ but we're missing home, mostly our friends. As a new mum I'm missing friends to talk baby with, have tried Plunket's groups but sadly keep getting cancelled on me. My husband and I are in our early 30's and we're simply looking for some mates to hang out with like the one's we had at home. We're on the North Shore in Glenfield if anyone's interested in meeting up.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

seansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really niceseansueplustwo is just really nice
Default Re: New to the site, Newish to New Zealand, Looking for Friends

Hi Nearly Kiwi,
We're moving out to North Shore end of Feb early March - It's definately tough starting over with a new bub. We done the same when we moved to OZ, we had our daughter after being in the country for 4 months. We are about to do it again as we are due for our next baby on New Years Eve and then move to NZ in Feb/March.
We are both in our early 30's aswell from Kent originally. We would be keen for a catch up when we get over...
Old Dec 20th 2010, 9:52 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NearlyKiwi
Hi all , Just discovered this site, a bit behind the times. My husband, myself and my 8 month old daughter moved out here at the end of September 2010 and I have to admit we're struggling. We love NZ but we're missing home, mostly our friends. As a new mum I'm missing friends to talk baby with, have tried Plunket's groups but sadly keep getting cancelled on me. My husband and I are in our early 30's and we're simply looking for some mates to hang out with like the one's we had at home. We're on the North Shore in Glenfield if anyone's interested in meeting up.
Welcome to this friendly NZ forum , I'm sure there are other BE members in your area so hopefully they will be in touch, in the mean time try checking out the 'meet ups' thread and posting on here in the main section. I'm sure you'll find some 'mates' in a similar position
B x
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

NearlyKiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Seansueplustwo

I suspected but it's a relief to know for sure that there are more people out there in a similar position to us. Would love to meet up when your here, good luck with the new baby and the move. I'm not that knowledgeable about NZ and the North Shore but have learnt a fair bit since we've been here so any advice I can offer do not hesitate to ask. Thanks for replying to my thread and keep in touch.

Wendy (NearlyKiwi)
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Cool Re: New Zealand Friends

Originally Posted by NearlyKiwi
We will be there in March................we may end up in glenfleld....is it nice?
Old Dec 26th 2010, 11:05 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand Friends

Originally Posted by john and julie
We will be there in March................we may end up in glenfleld....is it nice?
Welcome to the forum Must have missed your introduction I'm sure you'll find the forum useful and informative. Just post any questions (or use the search facility) to get info on all aspect of NZ life from the helpful members!!
B x
Old Dec 30th 2010, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Default Re: New to New Zealand, Looking for Friends

hi....thanks for the prompt response a thousand questions are on their way lol
Old Dec 30th 2010, 1:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: New Zealand Friends

Originally Posted by john and julie
FYI - Glenfield is outside of Auckland , not Hamilton.