New to Rangiora

Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:43 am
Just Joined

lala1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there,

My husband and I moved to Rangiora just over a year ago with our little Persian cat. - we are originally from the UK and are finding it quite hard to make a social network here. We've been here for 2 years now, and yes we have met people and do things but no one I think we could generally call friends. So much so that we are becoming quite despondent with the whole thing. Many a night we've sat up and discussed this and now we feel it's time to act and make a positive change.

I have seen from the post that a few of you live in Rangiora and maybe just maybe you can help. We are aged 35 and 38 and would love just to have the opportunity to meet up with someone, share a beer, have a meal or something. I don't want to be desperate and feed you a huge sob story but I know we've got to make a change

Laura

Hi Georgie,

Not sure if you are still living in Rangiora, but my husband and I also live in The Oaks, and we too are finding it hard making a social network for ourselves. We are a little older than you but not by much we are 35 and 38. Perhaps we could get together some time

Laura

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 18th 2013 at 3:52 am.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 1:29 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Rangiora and finding it a little hard

Originally Posted by lala1977
Hello there,

My husband and I moved to Rangiora just over a year ago with our little Persian cat. - we are originally from the UK and are finding it quite hard to make a social network here. We've been here for 2 years now, and yes we have met people and do things but no one I think we could generally call friends. So much so that we are becoming quite despondent with the whole thing. Many a night we've sat up and discussed this and now we feel it's time to act and make a positive change.

I have seen from the post that a few of you live in Rangiora and maybe just maybe you can help. We are aged 35 and 38 and would love just to have the opportunity to meet up with someone, share a beer, have a meal or something. I don't want to be desperate and feed you a huge sob story but I know we've got to make a change

Laura
Hi Laura and welcome to the forum.

I see that you've posted in the other thread in this forum also. I hope that you get some replies and that things work out for you.

Once you have made a third post you will be able to send and receive private messages so hopefully someone will make contact.

Enjoy B.E.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Hi Laura and welcome to the forum.

I see that you've posted in the other thread in this forum also. I hope that you get some replies and that things work out for you.

Once you have made a third post you will be able to send and receive private messages so hopefully someone will make contact.

Enjoy B.E.
Hey Sherly, as a Mod can you group email georgie10, Rochelleanddan and lala1977 and order them to get a team together for the Montieths quiz night next Tuesday 7.00 pm? Seems like they need a bit of help getting together
Old Apr 9th 2013, 4:42 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Hey Sherly, as a Mod can you group email georgie10, Rochelleanddan and lala1977 and order them to get a team together for the Montieths quiz night next Tuesday 7.00 pm? Seems like they need a bit of help getting together
I could......but then so could you!

Hopefully it will all work out.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

OK - I'll try!
Old Jun 18th 2013, 2:03 am
Just Joined

zak76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Rangiora

Hi everyone i'm Zoe 37yrs and new to this forum so not sure how it works!!
I too live in Rangiora and moved here at the beginning of April with my husband Chris 37,my 3yr old son, and another baby due Aug. My husband works and so I am on my own a lot and like wise finding it hard to meet people. I have put my son in nursery a few afternoons so at least he gets a social life!!. Missing family and friends loads and would love to build a new circle of friends, meet people our age and generally get a social life. I cant wait and am in need of a good drink after i've had the baby!! lol
If you don't mind children and fancy just having a chat plse get in touch.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Hi Zoe, would be great to meet up for a coffee and a chat or some such. Just let me know when you're around - weekends usually work best for us as both my husband and I work full-time but we can do some evenings too

any way look forward to hearing from you

Laura
Old Jun 27th 2013, 4:46 am
Just Joined

33louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
My husband, myself and our two English cocker spaniels have just moved to Rangiora from Dubai... both british but have spent most of my time in the middle east so this move has been a big change, but, in a good way....
Would really like to meet some people as currently not working and as much as I love spending time with my two hyperactive!!! doggies... I would love some human conversation :-)
I am 38 and my husband Paul is in his 40's
Would love to hear from someone
Thanks
Louise
Old Jun 27th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Louise,
Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the best little town in NZ! Corny I know, but I think Rangoon is fantastic despite the mess the town centre is in at the moment! It must be a breath of fresh air after the concrete jungle of Dubai, I spent a few days in Jebel Ali in 2010 and was amazed at the change in the ten years since a previous visit. There seem to be a lot of people on this thread around the same age and circumstance looking to meet up so I hope you have success. There's surely enough for a new team at Quiz Night in Montieths - just make sure to book a table in advance as it gets quite full and they have been known to turn people away!
Good luck.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

33louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Woodlea

Thanks for the reply! Yes, it is definitely a change from the madness of Dubai but it did used to be a small community but that is going back a few years haha
I am slowly getting used to finding my way around town and my husband and I went to Montieths yesterday so will try and get down there for the quiz night :-)
Old Jul 17th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

I have only been in NZ a few months but I threw myself into all sorts of things to find people to get to know. I think I already have some people I know that are well on the way to being classed as 'friends'. I went places I hated, took Every social opportunity possible to meet people. I joined the cycling club, Tri club found running groups, located the local settlement department and such like.

I know that Southland is famous for the friendly people, which possibly helps me out.

Suppose you have tried all that?
Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

I tried to get them all together with a group PM but got no response, not a single reply - so guess that's one reason they don't meet anybody
Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:47 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I tried to get them all together with a group PM but got no response, not a single reply - so guess that's one reason they don't meet anybody
That's a shame.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:40 am
Just Joined

I was unable to reply to the group personal message at the start
Old Jul 18th 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I forgot about that rule, sorry