New Pic thread

Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Pic thread

We went to Akaroa today and took a harbour trip, we saw a pod of approx 30 dolphins, they were all playing around the boat it was great. We also saw, penguins, Bull seal's, and tons of sea birds, we had a great day.
Attached Thumbnails New Pic thread-cimg1514.jpg   New Pic thread-cimg1519.jpg   New Pic thread-cimg1527.jpg   New Pic thread-cimg1511.jpg   New Pic thread-cimg1536.jpg  

Old Nov 1st 2009, 7:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teebrown
We went to Akaroa today and took a harbour trip, we saw a pod of approx 30 dolphins, they were all playing around the boat it was great. We also saw, penguins, Bull seal's, and tons of sea birds, we had a great day.
Ooooo, you are sooo lucky and thank you for the fabulous photos. I must be one of the only prople amongst my friends here who has NEVER seen a dolphin. Swear to God, they hear me coming and bugger off and hide somewhere ...
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

No you're not - we paid a small fortune last year our family to swim with dolphins. Got up at 5 am - got on the boat - 3 hours later - 2 whinging kids -a very sore back from all the waves - and not a dolphin in sight.

Rounded off by a pizza for lunch in a nearby restaurant at which my son ordered a marguerita pizza - as on the menu - the pizza arrived, my 5 year old son didn't like the 'bits' on the pizza - yes, more whinging - but on close inspection it had ham and pineapple on it. I called the waitress over and queried it - she said they didn't have any marguerita pizzas so thought a ham and pineapple would be okay

All in all a very expensive, disappointing day. It had always been my dream to swim with dolphins since being a child and it was SO disappointing. Still, maybe one day.....
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:47 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

What amazing photos thanks for them, gosh I'm dying to be there!!!

Swear to God, they hear me coming and bugger off and hide somewhere ...
Am Loolah

Moso, it's a dream of mine too to swim with dolphins, we went on a snorkelling trip here in Sinai and hoped to see some but the guide said the sea was too rough for them anyway didn't see any but saw a barracuda swim cooly past me eyeing me as it went along its way
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Ooooo, you are sooo lucky and thank you for the fabulous photos. I must be one of the only prople amongst my friends here who has NEVER seen a dolphin. Swear to God, they hear me coming and bugger off and hide somewhere ...
I'm not a prople but since we arrived here , I've not seen a dolphin either.
We did see 'em on our travels in '97 though.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Teebrown
these photos are amazing, we are hoping to be living in the same area as you, so it is lovely to see whats available nearby. Keep m coming there keeping my hopes up.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm not a prople
Oh! Are you not? Can't be in my gang then ...
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
No you're not - we paid a small fortune last year our family to swim with dolphins. Got up at 5 am - got on the boat - 3 hours later - 2 whinging kids -a very sore back from all the waves - and not a dolphin in sight.

Rounded off by a pizza for lunch in a nearby restaurant at which my son ordered a marguerita pizza - as on the menu - the pizza arrived, my 5 year old son didn't like the 'bits' on the pizza - yes, more whinging - but on close inspection it had ham and pineapple on it. I called the waitress over and queried it - she said they didn't have any marguerita pizzas so thought a ham and pineapple would be okay

All in all a very expensive, disappointing day. It had always been my dream to swim with dolphins since being a child and it was SO disappointing. Still, maybe one day.....
The last time i went fishing up at Kaikoura we were lucky enough to get the chance to dive off the fishing boat and go swimming with dolphins at the same time, good result, book a fishing trip and get free dolphin swimming as well ........
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killercat
Teebrown
these photos are amazing, we are hoping to be living in the same area as you, so it is lovely to see whats available nearby. Keep m coming there keeping my hopes up.
Will you be living in Rolleston or do you mean Christchurch?
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Bobs Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a great new zealand picture thread with 69 pages of pictures:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404926

Just thought I'd post it for the benefit of newcomers to this website. It's a great thread!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bobs Chocolate
We had a great new zealand picture thread with 69 pages of pictures:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404926

Just thought I'd post it for the benefit of newcomers to this website. It's a great thread!
It is indeed a great thread, thanks Bob Chocolate. Problem being because it got to 69 pages of photos it was just loading too slowly for most users. Have to make this one even better!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teebrown
Will you be living in Rolleston or do you mean Christchurch?
Hi Teebrown

We are coming to Christchurch area in general, but have been looking at Rollstone or Sumner areas. Will depend on schools and budget lol
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:30 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

We often saw dolphins surfing when we paddled and swam at the beaches in Newcastle which was much more fun and thrilling than the swim with dolphins we did in WA. We also saw a dolphin playing when we were on Ocean Beach in Hawkes Bay but that was just one and quite far off whereas the dolphins at Newcastle surfed with the surfers