Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Trout Fishing Nelson Area

Trout Fishing Nelson Area

Old Nov 21st 2009, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

tauhara is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Trout Fishing Nelson Area

Well here goes this is my first thread ever!
Can anyone say what the trout fishing is like in and around the Nelson area. I am a fishing nut and life depends upon it. We are thinking of visiting this area sometime in the future. I have checked out the fish and game site and generally the rivers seem good but there is no substitute for comments from people who are actually there if you know what I mean. Ta
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 3:54 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trout Fishing Nelson Area

The Motueka is very good, as will be its major tributaries.

For back country experience the Lesley and Karamea rivers are brilliant. They are in the Kaherangi Nat Park.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold

really sorry I am not much use here, I know people talk of the Gowan river, near Murchison, I know you need a license but you will already be aware of that; they can't be bought in the shops!! the trout that is, not sure where you buy your license

the internet is your friend and get a good map, and you will get to your of Fishing Heaven!!

Last edited by janek; Nov 23rd 2009 at 5:22 am. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:57 am
Just Joined

tauhara is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks For the replies any info is always good will do more ing the web.