Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New in New Plymouth

New in New Plymouth

Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

JoyPhil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New in New Plymouth

hi, we are a family of four (plus dog) 3 months in to our arrival in new plymouth. Whilst its been a very positive start to our new life, homesickness starting to kick in - any advice/tips very welcome and also anyone in the area willing to meet up?? First time on a forum so apologies re etiquette mishaps!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

JenR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New in New Plymouth

Ah I was there a few weekends ago (for the national band festival). Hope you find some people nearby (it was a long drive from napier!) x
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

JoyPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the reply anyway, its nice to get a positive response from someone - feeling very homesick
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joyphil ~ congratulations on making the move, sorry to read that you are feeling homesick. What is it like in New Plymouth? Are you looking for work or you at home with kids? We are hoping to be over before the end of the year (if house sells) Hubby will be looking for work first and I will help kids settle before looking for something part time. My only advice is to try and get out and meet as many potential friends as possible. I am trying to research facilities at the moment as I think the homesickness thing might hit me pretty hard ~ loads of people have been through it on here I'm sure you feel a bit better soon and keep us posted. Good luck, Flora x
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:18 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JoyPhil, welcome to the forum

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some homesickness. I'm sure you're not alone in this, it's a natural feeling, especially after leaving family and friends. Hopefully it will get better soon as you adjust to your new surroundings.

Try to set up a get together for others in your area in the meetups section of the forum, I'm sure other members would love to meet for a coffee