Reload this Page >

New to Christchurch

New to Christchurch

Old May 11th 2011, 1:14 am
Just Joined

CamillaFH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Christchurch

Hello everyone!
I'm starting this thread seeing as most of the Chch ones are a bit out of date.

I've just moved to Christchurch with my fiance, who has a job here. We're 24 (me) and 29 (him). I'm struggling a bit to find work at the moment, so I'm pretending to be a housewife, which isn't that much fun.

We've found it a bit difficult to meet people of around our age (particularly me - he has a few work friends), so I thought I'd see if anyone else in Chch fancies going to the pub or for a coffee or something?

I was also wondering whether anyone would like to start up a book group? I've had a look for one to join, with no luck, so if anyone is part of one I could join that would be great too! I'm open to reading most kinds of literature.

Cam
Old May 11th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Christchurch

Originally Posted by CamillaFH
Hello everyone!
I'm starting this thread seeing as most of the Chch ones are a bit out of date.

I've just moved to Christchurch with my fiance, who has a job here. We're 24 (me) and 29 (him). I'm struggling a bit to find work at the moment, so I'm pretending to be a housewife, which isn't that much fun.

We've found it a bit difficult to meet people of around our age (particularly me - he has a few work friends), so I thought I'd see if anyone else in Chch fancies going to the pub or for a coffee or something?

I was also wondering whether anyone would like to start up a book group? I've had a look for one to join, with no luck, so if anyone is part of one I could join that would be great too! I'm open to reading most kinds of literature.

Cam
Hi And welcome to sunny Chch.

There are usually sporadic get togethers on here in Chch or surrounding areas from time to time, im sure Wiz & Ton will soon be organising another soon ......
Old May 14th 2011, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

wendymcb is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone,

I am new to the site!

Im 26 years old and work in the public hospital. Moved from Scotland to Christchurch august last year and plan to settle here with my husband. We are really keen to meet new friends in the area!

cheers
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

geordielasstoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We're from Newcastle and I've been here since 31st March and living in Somerfield. We came over for my husbands job but I'm not working yet. I'm 40 my husband is 46 and we have two girls aged 13 and 9 and a daft dog called Dino (after the dinosaur off the Flintstones). I'm desperate to meet people as I'm not really cut out to be a stay at home mam but finding it hard to meet people. Anyone near here want to meet up?