Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A new appreciation of NZ

A new appreciation of NZ

Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:21 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A new appreciation of NZ

Originally Posted by cappuccino
In London about 20 years ago, I was driving alone when I got a flat tyre and pulled over to the side of the road, only to realise that it was the edge of a gypsy encampment. I was a little nervous when a young lad came out to see if he could help me. Instead of taking all the wheels off the car and cutting the body up for scrap metal, he kindly got the spare tyre out of the boot, jacked up the car and changed the tyre for me. Never asked for anything, or accepted anything i offered.

There are truly good and bad people the whole world over.
So True!!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
Where or what is the Rainbow road? We were stranded on SH7 about 20mins out of springs junction. Thankfully it was warm and sunny.
Rainbow, in the wilderness, Road

As it happens you couldn't have been on it , as it is still closed It was just you mentioned pot holes & Deliverance .
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thats looks lovely, I must explore more!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chalkygirl
Now picture same scenario in UK: you break down in middle of nowhere and no-one stops. If a man should stop, you become suspicious and certainly wouldnt let him hop in your van for fear you may never be seen alive again..
I think I would be equally petrified in either country. Why would you think that any random stranger in any one country might be more or less likely to harm or take advantage of you?

Statistically I don't think it would be proven that the likelihood of any given man who might stop to offer assistance to a vulnerable young lady at the side of the road could turn out to be a rapist, murderer, mental case or a fine upstanding citizen.

Many a tourist has fallen foul of some less than desirable characters, no doubt because the similarly thought this was a safe place to be and that everyone was lovely and friendly.