Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crap driving examples

Crap driving examples

Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crap driving examples

Just had some utter TWAT indicate and park up nicely JUST before the totally BLIND bend at the top of the hill by where I live........I tooted but the lady was not moving, until I told her it was IMPOSSIBLE to pass her safely and that her choice of parking area was less that clever. No expletives used by me..I just shouted as I wanted to be heard and was frankly a tad cross.

I got the finger from the passenger..what did I say about attitudes irking me? HOW THICK CAN A MIDDLE AGED DRIVER BE???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Dumb, dumb, dumb to the power of 10!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:15 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crap driving examples

I wondered where you'd gone. If there's one thing that gets your goat it's NZ drivers !
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

burbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this pointburbschook is an unknown quantity at this point

Empathy to you.

Just got back from Paraparaumu. Whilst waiting in the right hand lane,indicating to turn right a woman pulls up beside me with her right indicator going & she's in the incoming lane ffs!!!! Cars turning off the highway had to swerve around her shouting all sorts of interesting comments. I jestured to her to reverse back behind me & get on the correct side of the road. She reversed at an angle & still pulled partway beside me!!!! I did a grand prix takeoff when the lights changed.

BTW Genesis, if you're ever down Waikanae way, do pull up a nice comfy chair by the lights at the highway & Elizabeth St. It's hysterical. Anytime of the day should do.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vikkichic View Post
Empathy to you.

Just got back from Paraparaumu. Whilst waiting in the right hand lane,indicating to turn right a woman pulls up beside me with her right indicator going & she's in the incoming lane ffs!!!! Cars turning off the highway had to swerve around her shouting all sorts of interesting comments. I jestured to her to reverse back behind me & get on the correct side of the road. She reversed at an angle & still pulled partway beside me!!!! I did a grand prix takeoff when the lights changed.

BTW Genesis, if you're ever down Waikanae way, do pull up a nice comfy chair by the lights at the highway & Elizabeth St. It's hysterical. Anytime of the day should do.
Love your last comment!! Forgot to add the other day an utter knob of the tallest order did the BIGGEST red light I have EVER seen...even in my days as Plod!!!!! It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo red it was not funny. This was shortly after he nearly rear ended me such was his rear upcoming speed. We ALL know why the death stats on NZ roads are so high.

Nothing to do with the roads what so ever. It is the dick heads that ply them. Roads are never dangerous as guns are not dangerous so long as the person behind the gun/car is legal (ie not robbing a bank..that is quite dangerous) and KNOWS what they are doing.

Give a gun or a car to an idiot, irrespective of the age that idiot and said idiot will do lots of damage one day.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:49 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't yet heard of anyone driving the wrong way down any of the motorways in NZ yet, that seemed to happen quite often at one stage in the UK...
Old Oct 11th 2012, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't normally want to join in when it comes to complaining but this story just had to be told. Not so much about drivers but just the general disrespect on the road.
This morning I'm on my leisurely way to work because the school holidays have left the roads pretty quiet. I come up to a corner ready to turn left...I see two youngish girls (but old enough to know what's dangerous and what's not, maybe in their late teens?) standing having a giggle about crossing the road at that very corner. I think to myself 'they surely wouldn't try crossing when there are cars turning left', so I look right and turn left pulling out (they still hadn't moved at this point) and as I move onto the new road THEY CASUALLY STROLLED OUT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!! What's worse is that there were cars behind me and even when I gave them warning to get off the road, they did not slow down, stop, turn back, run, wave...NOTHING. They strolled along inches from the front of my car ignoring the beeping horns and obscenities coming from all of the cars and went on their merry way. I don't have major road rage and I think my OH has real problems with it so I try to remain calm, but this morning took the biscuit!

Note: There is no pedestrian crossing where I am referring to, just a couple of completely ignorant bams.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Vikkichic;10324591]Empathy to you.

The driving on the Kapiti coast really is the pits. On my way to the gym this morning in Paraparaumu I stopped to let a kid on his bike across the zebra by Farmers. I could see the car coming the other way going way too fast so flashed her, Kid froze like a rabbit and she missed him by inches.
Then coming out by the library I was turning right, a car was indicating that she way turning in left. She had obviously just left her indicator on as she wasn't turning. And then she looked at me as if it were my fault. There is something about the use of indicators here, either overuse or underuse but never used correctly.
Kaz
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:44 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

This made me laugh, post #29
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=773310&page=2
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:04 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angeshirl View Post
I don't normally want to join in when it comes to complaining but this story just had to be told. Not so much about drivers but just the general disrespect on the road.
This morning I'm on my leisurely way to work because the school holidays have left the roads pretty quiet. I come up to a corner ready to turn left...I see two youngish girls (but old enough to know what's dangerous and what's not, maybe in their late teens?) standing having a giggle about crossing the road at that very corner. I think to myself 'they surely wouldn't try crossing when there are cars turning left', so I look right and turn left pulling out (they still hadn't moved at this point) and as I move onto the new road THEY CASUALLY STROLLED OUT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!! What's worse is that there were cars behind me and even when I gave them warning to get off the road, they did not slow down, stop, turn back, run, wave...NOTHING. They strolled along inches from the front of my car ignoring the beeping horns and obscenities coming from all of the cars and went on their merry way. I don't have major road rage and I think my OH has real problems with it so I try to remain calm, but this morning took the biscuit!

Note: There is no pedestrian crossing where I am referring to, just a couple of completely ignorant bams.
Thats because most of then are brain dead in New Zealand
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
I haven't yet heard of anyone driving the wrong way down any of the motorways in NZ yet, that seemed to happen quite often at one stage in the UK...

You need to look a bit harder ... and don't forget that there is very little motorway in NZ. ...

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...28xqQFcW0uxdNQ

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...2t8nLUuYK2pUTg

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...FD-GkX2B41hn4g

There are more!

Last edited by Robbie2010; Oct 11th 2012 at 3:15 am.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm View Post
Thats because most of then are brain dead in New Zealand
Certainly when it comes to driving..and drinking..and chosing folk to drive LEGALLY totally and utterly uninsured..and letting 16 year olds drive..and no laws regarding over fives wearing booster seats...the list could go on!!!

Ironically Palmy apparently has the highest IQ level in NZ...shit for brains when it comes to road craft..or should I say 'road crap'? Saw a twat in a HUGE articulated truck in heavy MOVING traffic texting and looking DOWN as he did so...or the courier driver in his van texting as he took a roundabout, I really would like to see these selfish bastards locked up.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:34 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010 View Post
You need to look a bit harder ... and don't forget that there is very little motorway in NZ. ...

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...28xqQFcW0uxdNQ

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...2t8nLUuYK2pUTg

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...FD-GkX2B41hn4g

There are more!
Fair enough - I only said I hadn't heard, not that it was my life's work looking - they didn't make it on the radio when I was listening and I must admit I don't watch much tv news at all....

The UK seemed to have a burst of "pensioner drives wrong way on M25 for 4hrs" type problems a few years back, then it all went quiet, no idea whether UK pensioner driving standards were suddenly raised, the media lost interest or whether the over 70's additional testing actually worked by getting such drivers off the road???
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Ninja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really nice

I left the Britomart Car park last night, and was following a white Toyota saloon down Quay St / Fanshaw St etc towards the bridge to go to the Shore.

It jumped EVERY set of traffic lights and must have been doing 100+ all the way........

Imagine my delight when I saw the same white Toyota parked in front of a nice new police car just after the bridge

Boy Racers
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

How about all the idiots that dont think they need to put their lights on after dark? Madness!
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:24 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
How about all the idiots that dont think they need to put their lights on after dark? Madness!
And the idiots who have full beam and foglights on at all times, day or night.

Assume every other driver is an inconsiderate, clueless, partially sighted moron who doesn't give a crap about anyone else and you'll rarely be surprised.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.