Nelson Hotels

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:42 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice
Default Nelson Hotels

I'm thinking of coming over to Nelson at the end of September as a bit of a recce before our move big move hopefully in March.
Could anyone recommend any hotels and car hire in Nelson.
Thanks Brian&Tracey
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nelson Hotels

Hi guys.

Depends on what you want from your accom. Are you looking for budget or something with more facilities.

I'll start you off with a B&B which is very centrally located

The Cathedral Inn.

This place was refurbished about two years ago. It has a small quiet inn attached where you can get food if needs be. The place is close to the city centre, so you won't starve.

The car hire firm we used was Rent A Dent. Very helpful , obliging people.

I've just telephoned them for you. They are willing to pick you up from the airport & take you to your accom, if you book with them. Or you can pick up the car from the airport and return it there. It's whichever you feel best with.

The link above has an email.

Of course, the airport has shuttles buses which , for around $8 each will deliver you to your accom. door.

Get back to me and I'll check out some places for you.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

Harlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really niceHarlow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Heal
I'm thinking of coming over to Nelson at the end of September as a bit of a recce before our move big move hopefully in March.
Could anyone recommend any hotels and car hire in Nelson.
Thanks Brian&Tracey
Hi, I am a motel owner in the Tahunanui beach area of Nelson, and while I would welcome you to stay at our motel I don't want to appear to be simply touting for business and so I hope that I can assist in the planning of your trip. We have been in Nelson for a little under a year and understand what it is like trying to make plans for the other side of the world.
Firstly, as you probably know the end of September is still low season so you shouldn't have much problem finding a room, as the Nelson region is very seasonal - Jan to April being the busiest - therefore, I think you would be safe enough to wait until you are here before making any bookings. However, unless you are looking for luxury and have plenty of money to spare you would be better off staying at a motel, of which there is a plentiful supply throughout the area, rather than a Hotel. The Rutherford Hotel is the only show in town if you wanted to go down that route - www.rutherfordhotel.co.nz
Motels are generally divided between small family-run type, or the larger modern corporate type. Most motel rooms include kitchen facilities, as Kiwis tend to like to self cater when travelling. The next divide is between the two main areas where motels are grouped - Nelson City centre or Tahuna beach.
The Nelson I-Site visitor centre - www.i-SITENelsonNZ.com (64 3 548 2304) is probably the best place to check out the options, the staff are usually very knowledgable. The main thing is to work out what are your needs ie. quiet location or must be walking distance to.... shops/beach/Burger King or sushi bar? For me during our travels around New Zealand, the top of my list was access to Sky sports 2, which shows the premier league from England!
Rental cars are in plentiful supply at this time of year, and there are a variety of companies, the only one I have had dealings with are a national chain called "Pegasus", which some of our guests have used and been pleased with - www.rentalcars.co.nz (64 3 548 2852). As mentioned above, I think you could wait until you arrive before booking a rental car, I would be happy to pick you up from Nelson airport (if that is your arrival point) and deliver you to your first destination, it is only five minutes drive.
Lastly, if I can be of any help please contact me, and I hope you find the Nelson area as exciting as we have.

Dave
www.driftwoodmotel.co.nz
[email protected]
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:27 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

Thanks very much indeed.
Unfortunately I only have time to come over for a week in September,but feel I should come over and actually see the place which we intend to set up our new home.I'll be coming over on my own as it would be too much travelling for my wife and little boy for such a short time.
I'll let you know the exact dates when I book my flight.
Thanks Brian/Tracey.