Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I will possibly fall at Final Fence

I will possibly fall at Final Fence

Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

rubini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I will possibly fall at Final Fence

It looks likely that my visa application is going to be rejected due to medical grounds. I was diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer 4 1/2 years ago the tumour was removed and there was no sign of any cancer cells remaining. I have had regular checks over the past 4 years and my consultant is satisfied that i am over 90% certain to be clear. He has so far sent NZI two letters at there request saying that the prognosis is excellent. However the NZI doctor has decided that my condition has a failure rate of over 90%. therefore my application will be rejected. Needless to say my consultant is far from happy and is writing a strong letter in my defence. I also have someone else getting me evidence in support of my application so this is a last ditch attempt of swinging things in my favour. However i am not going to hold my breath. Has anybody else been in a similar position and won. Any comments would be welcome. Sean
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

oolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really nice
Default Re: I will possibly fall at Final Fence

When you say NZI doctor do you mean the doctor who did your medical here or the doctor at NZI who reviewed it? Not that I have had anything similar just thinking if it was the doctor who did your medical could you not get a second opinion?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi Oolie no i mean the doctor At NZI as my medical had to be assessed by them due to my previous condition
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

oolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really nice

What sort of visa are you going for? Arent they more relaxed on some types of visas than others? That really is sh1t for you - like you havent been through enough... I dont know anyone who has been through similar but hopefully you will get some help from someone on this board. Do you ever go on *****.co.uk? Might be worth a go as dont think it is all same people and someone there may have had similar experience. Dont give up though - be pushy and good luck. Keep us updated
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

website is ***** - if they star again will pm you?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubini
It looks likely that my visa application is going to be rejected due to medical grounds. I was diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer 4 1/2 years ago the tumour was removed and there was no sign of any cancer cells remaining. I have had regular checks over the past 4 years and my consultant is satisfied that i am over 90% certain to be clear. He has so far sent NZI two letters at there request saying that the prognosis is excellent. However the NZI doctor has decided that my condition has a failure rate of over 90%. therefore my application will be rejected. Needless to say my consultant is far from happy and is writing a strong letter in my defence. I also have someone else getting me evidence in support of my application so this is a last ditch attempt of swinging things in my favour. However i am not going to hold my breath. Has anybody else been in a similar position and won. Any comments would be welcome. Sean
Hi Sean,
There is a medical waiver for people like yourselves. It waives many very bad medical cases so yours should be a breeze.
Good luck
Carole
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sorry to read this. Hoping for a positive outcome for you.

NZIS medical waiver

NZIS health requirement page which includes a bit about medical waivers.

The above links may help a tiny little bit as to what your next step should be.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:03 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

The culture in NZ, I've noticed is the key is to 'push' Keep on trucking, and eventually you should get what you want. I've heard through the grapevine of people being so determined to get over here, they just keep at it. All the letters of support, all the pushing they can. If you fall at the final fence...get up! Its not my intention to give false hope here, but I can suggest that you don't give up. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.
But it sounds like there is no good reason for you to be rejected with your consultants reports, etc. I wish you the very best of luck
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:10 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Littletoe
The culture in NZ, I've noticed is the key is to 'push' Keep on trucking, and eventually you should get what you want. I've heard through the grapevine of people being so determined to get over here, they just keep at it. All the letters of support, all the pushing they can. If you fall at the final fence...get up! Its not my intention to give false hope here, but I can suggest that you don't give up. I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.
But it sounds like there is no good reason for you to be rejected with your consultants reports, etc. I wish you the very best of luck
Yeah, what she said.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the links to The medical waiver pages. However our case worker has already indicated that the application is set to be rejected. Our only hope is that i can gather enough evidence to contradict the other consultants findings. I feel that they have Googled my condition and come up with loads of mainly American websites which in most cases are years out of date and drawn their conclusions from that. What i would really like to know is if anybody has challenged NZI after being rejected on medical grounds and won. What worries me is that they will not go against the advise of their own consultants which puts me in a lose lose situation. Thanks for the messages of support. I will keep you posted how the decision goes.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links to The medical waiver pages. However our case worker has already indicated that the application is set to be rejected. Our only hope is that i can gather enough evidence to contradict the other consultants findings. I feel that they have Googled my condition and come up with loads of mainly American websites which in most cases are years out of date and drawn their conclusions from that. What i would really like to know is if anybody has challenged NZI after being rejected on medical grounds and won. What worries me is that they will not go against the advise of their own consultants which puts me in a lose lose situation. Thanks for the messages of support. I will keep you posted how the decision goes.
Have you asked them what you could do to convince them you are healthy and not just in remission? 5 yrs without a relapse is often quoted as all clear by UK medics I believe. Try asking them if they would consider your application after 5 yrs of being clear. Good luck!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

What about if you took private medical insurance? Do they have such a thing in NZ and would it be afordable?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Even if NZ did accept Private Medical insurance i don't think there is a insurance company on the planet that would cover me for my condition.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Even if NZ did accept Private Medical insurance i don't think there is a insurance company on the planet that would cover me for my condition.
Not even with the backing of your doctor and for a limited amount of time? There has to be a way. Did you get my pm and check the other website? Have you looked at the boards for other countries? Wouldnt Australia have similar rules? So many more people go to Oz compared to NZ would think more likely to find someone who has been through something similar.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Yes thanks i received your PM have had a look at it thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.