NAPIER DUTCH CAFE

Old May 24th 2009, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Badass Barrass will become famous soon enough
Default NAPIER DUTCH CAFE

Hi,

Quick question to Napier residents. Whats happened to the Dutch guy who owned the cafe at the end of the main street nearest the park. Went there last year and had a great breakfast and also purchased bottles of Dutch Curry ketchup. Went there in March 09 and no sign, possibly new ownership. Anyone know if he has set up else where as I miss the curry ketchup.
Old May 25th 2009, 11:17 am
Just Joined

mojo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NAPIER DUTCH CAFE

Hi There,

Can't help you as to his whereabouts, but pretty sure you can buy the curry ketchup at the frying dutchman chippy in clive, if not then maybe the dutch shop in havelock.
Old May 25th 2009, 12:58 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NAPIER DUTCH CAFE

Do you mean the Indonesian restaurant in Napier?
I had heard of this restaurant on my last visit to Napier but it was closed whilst we were staying there. We went on Good Friday this year and was told the Dutch owner had left, I don`t know where he`s gone. The food we ordered was dreadful, a soggy Lumpia, ( crispy duck pancake) and I was up during the night with an upset stomach! I have eaten a lot of Indonesian food as my uncle is Dutch, the restaurant in Napier is not very good.