Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

My job went to India and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt

My job went to India and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt

Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:44 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My job went to India and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt

So do we crack open the Bolly ( everyone round to Loolahs )

or

Do I start lining the shots up on the bar now

Either way, the drinks are on you

Oh and just because it's there FINALLY!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:10 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by P2L
So do we crack open the Bolly ( everyone round to Loolahs )

Oh and just because it's there FINALLY!!!!!!!!
I will have to get it removed if you lot insist on overuse ... ()
Old Apr 28th 2009, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I will have to get it removed if you lot insist on overuse ... ()
Aaaah Miss, it's just the novelty value. Soon we'll get bored of it & just want to play with the box it came in
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:23 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Well the results are in and.....

I have my job. But the other five in the team are gone
It was a second shock as I was all prepared to go, and I even had a job offer - contract for 4-24 months!!

It's going to be interesting. I reckon I will give it a couple of months and see how it's going. Obviously having a job is a major relief but at the moment they haven't even advertised the five replacements in India, and I can't do the work of six people!!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:58 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley

It was a second shock as I was all prepared to go, and I even had a job offer - contract for 4-24 months!!

It's going to be interesting. I reckon I will give it a couple of months and see how it's going. Obviously having a job is a major relief but at the moment they haven't even advertised the five replacements in India, and I can't do the work of six people!!
Congratulations Rob. I can see how it's a bit of a 'mixed blessing'..... but still, well done.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob, that's ace and must be quite a relief, though horrid for your colleagues and tough to feel chuffed, specially if you get on with them (course, a different story if not!!!) OH found it tough when he survived and others didn't! hope the next few months aren't too bad! drink in the bar in a mo!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations Rob, not so good to hear that your colleagues lost there jobs though.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:14 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
Congratulations Rob, not so good to hear that your colleagues lost there jobs though.
exactly.

:uncrosses fingers:

doesn't always feel great being the "indispensible" one though........

no chance of a media frenzy over, "immigrant keeps job while Kiwis are thrown out onto scrapheap" I hope (of course utilising journalistic licence to forget that this is all about outsourcing.....).

Now I know why you got the tat.......
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:24 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I am a cuzzie.

Bro.

Of the six - one Belgian, two poms, three kiwis.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My job went to India and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt

I am a cuzzie.

Bro.

Of the six - one Belgian, two poms, three kiwis.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a relief for you I'm sure Rob - you must be doing something right! Congratulations, commiserations to those not so lucky.

Must have been our new "crossed fingers" smilie in your honour what done it!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you kept your job,sorry for the others. Drink in the bar for you

Phyl x
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

always knew Mr Trump was "immoral".......LOL

Freudian slip?

Personally I prefer "mor_ale"......could be a decent plate......

or a smiley can we have ...... :mor_ale: ..... please?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Rob, you're obviously the best of the bunch
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased for you Rob, but sorry to hear that your colleagues have lost their jobs. Mixed blessings indeed. My OH faced the threat of redundancy last year, didn't happen in the end but felt he would be continually looking over his shoulder. So he got another job! Will you be looking around still?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.