Moving to Rotorua

Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

tom_hartley will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to Rotorua

Hey,

Me and my girlfriend are moving to Rotorua in 2 weeks time, we are going out without knowing anyone out there so we are looking to meet people in the area and get involved in sports teams etc.. anyone who is out there it would be great to here from you.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:46 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Rotorua

Originally Posted by tom_hartley
Hey,

Me and my girlfriend are moving to Rotorua in 2 weeks time, we are going out without knowing anyone out there so we are looking to meet people in the area and get involved in sports teams etc.. anyone who is out there it would be great to here from you.
Hi Tom,

Welcome to BE! Wow, only 2 weeks to go - lucky you! There's a few users in Rotorua, so hopefully you'll find someone comes along later and replies to you in your area.

Good luck with the move and safe journey.

Loolah
Old Jun 11th 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.
We are going to Rotorua in the next month or so!! See you there for a beer or three!!

Last edited by RobDon; Jun 11th 2009 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've just spotted you in the Rotorua thread. Welcome

I've been here a year now and love it. Only too happy to help if I can, just give me a shout

Good luck with the last couple of weeks in the UK, it's a bit of a stressfull time, but hopefully you'll feel that it was all worth it when you get here.

Have you got jobs & accomodation etc all sorted?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 6:03 am
Just Joined

tom_hartley will become famous soon enough

Yeah, me and my partner will be running Koura Lodge in Kawaha Point, which includes accommodation. It will be great to meet some other Brits out there, I know we often get stick from the Kiwi's!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hester10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, Have just joined this site after being told about it . My husband and family moved to Rotorua just 7 weeks ago and we are loving it here. Getting settled and slowly getting to know people but would be great to meet up with others. Good luck with your move over by the way, all the stress will be worth it.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hester, welcome to Rotorua

Good to hear of another ex-pat over here.... we'll be outnumbering the Kiwis soon at this rate

I've been here for just about a year now, and I'm loving it.

Have you got a job over here? And sorted accomodation etc. Those first few weeks are quite stressful aren't they, but hopefully at 7 weeks things are gradually coming together.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

marathonman is an unknown quantity at this point

Roturua is a lovely place. Kiwi people definitely one of the most friendly people you will come across.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,
We are lucky as my brother and his wife are here so we are staying with them at the moment. Looking to buy somewhere but it takes a while just to narrow down areas!! The children are at local school and loving it just got one at home with me. Found local playcentre so yes are getting there. I am not working yet but husband is a carpenter and busy thankfully, doing odd jobs etc.
Have found everyone very friendly and helpful but do still feel like new kid on the block! We are up for any meet ups that may happen!!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Have you seen the other Rotorua thread currently running in meet ups? I'll have a chat with Gill about arranging something.

I'll PM you.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Hi Tomsk, Sure I am being really silly but cannot access the pm, box comes up saying something about administrater limiting access to pm if got more than 3 posts.What does that actually mean and what should I be doing? Computers never were my thing!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Hi there, Forget that last one as worked it out now, thanks for pm and will get back to you. Will be in touch soon!x
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:35 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hester10
Hi there, Forget that last one as worked it out now, thanks for pm and will get back to you. Will be in touch soon!x
You needed 3 posts before you could access your PM's!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Moving to Rotorua

Hello Tom Hartley and girlfriend !

Good luck with the move from the UK to NZ !! It's well worth it!!
We arrived in Rotorua nearly 4 weeks ago and everything is going well.

Thanks Tomsk for all your help since we moved into our rental !!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steelblue
Hello Tom Hartley and girlfriend !

Good luck with the move from the UK to NZ !! It's well worth it!!
We arrived in Rotorua nearly 4 weeks ago and everything is going well.

Thanks Tomsk for all your help since we moved into our rental !!
Hi steelblue, glad you all arrived safely and are settling in.