Reload this Page >

moving to new zealand

moving to new zealand

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

carol44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to new zealand

Hi everyone

My name is carol i currently live in the UK but by the end of october will be emirgrating to new zealand with my husband Can anyone give us some advice on the best way to get our money transfered over there????? This is a very exciting time for us and a big move so any help or advice is very much appreciated.

many thanks

Carol
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to new zealand

Originally Posted by carol44
Hi everyone

My name is carol i currently live in the UK but by the end of october will be emirgrating to new zealand with my husband Can anyone give us some advice on the best way to get our money transfered over there????? This is a very exciting time for us and a big move so any help or advice is very much appreciated.

many thanks

Carol
We used these, they were great

http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk/home/
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carol44
Hi everyone

many thanks

Carol
Another couple you can use are Torfx and Hifx. We used Torfx and they were fine...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:02 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

We found HiFX really good as well
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:01 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

All good advice but sometimes the rate for your high street bank can be as good - a small GBP - NZD transfer for us in January was as good a rate as quoted by HiFix and Tranzfers on the day for UK to Kiwibank. Best to shop around I suppose.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mickey_d
We used these, they were great

http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk/home/

Hi

Sorry I'v taken so long to get back - busy busy but your help much appreciated
Old Oct 9th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Steve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really niceSteve and the Dragon is just really nice

Hi

Hifx.

Definitely
Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve and the Dragon
Hi

Hifx.

Definitely

Hi Steve

I will pass this info onto Carol thanks again - Carol is my sister-in-law she and my brother are the ones moving to New Zealand - Myself and family are planning to come over early next year to take a look with the same idea - I hold a New Zealand passport as our father was born there. We are really looking forward to it - so I am trying to get some info and advice from expats who have already made the move etc.. I hope people on here can can help with any pit falls we may come across.
How are you finding it ?? how long have you lived in New Zealand -

FAY