Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Moving on... Need a bridge.

Moving on... Need a bridge.

Old May 16th 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all
Exclamation Moving on... Need a bridge.

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me? We are living in Auckland and have been wanting to move back to Wellington for quite some time, the way things are at work has really pushed me into doing something about this sooner rather than later (less said about that the better) Anyway I have a rough plan, I can give in my notice at work (1 month) and put our house on the market and start looking at houses down in Wellington, I cant really start looking for a permanent position in Wellington until we move there. So what I think I need is a stepping stone in the form of a casual job part time or full time just for a few months until I can sell this house and move on.
So I wondered if anyone here knew of any jobs that need a hands on practical person for a few months here in the Auckland area? If you want to know more about what I have to offer please PM me and I will get right back to you. Having some kind of income during this period will certainly keep my wife happy as she is worried that we will use up all the money we have left and we will end up with nothing.
Has anybody else ever been in this position and if so what did you do?
I am open to all suggestions. I just feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Heres hoping.
Old May 17th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving on... Need a bridge.

Originally Posted by terrier2
Has anybody else ever been in this position and if so what did you do?
- Yes
- Cry, and go to WINZ
Old May 17th 2009, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

terrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to allterrier2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving on... Need a bridge.

Thanks, I dont see that as an option. Im a working person and one of the problems I have is that Im spending my day with people who would go to WINZ at a drop of a hat.....it drives me mad.
A guy I work with proudly told me that he doesnt rush or hurry for anyone, I find it very frustrating.