Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand policeman shot dead

New Zealand policeman shot dead

Old May 8th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default New Zealand policeman shot dead

Anyone in Napier?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8039330.stm
Old May 8th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand policeman shot dead

Originally Posted by ukkiwi

Half the NZ police force and the army I think.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Alas this country is very fast flushing itself down the lav. Unless law and order start getting tough on the criminals there's not much hope and most of NZ will soon be like UK seedy inner city life. Its all very sad. Apart from the fact I live in a beautiful neighbourhood and have loads to do in a counrty thats sparsely populated its getting to look like (as a country) what I wanted to get away from. Sad but true...and in the 4 years I have been here its all been down hill as far as violence and mayhem goes on a country wide scale.
Old May 8th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Alas this country is very fast flushing itself down the lav. Unless law and order start getting tough on the criminals there's not much hope and most of NZ will soon be like UK seedy inner city life. Its all very sad. Apart from the fact I live in a beautiful neighbourhood and have loads to do in a counrty thats sparsely populated its getting to look like (as a country) what I wanted to get away from. Sad but true...and in the 4 years I have been here its all been down hill as far as violence and mayhem goes on a country wide scale.

So one moron can hold 100 police, army and the SAS at bay for 3 days, costing this poor country God knows how much.

But at least you won't be able to wear your Gang Patch in Wanganui before long, so instead of being able to recognise the criminal scum straightaway, you will have to guess whether the tattooed long haired character walking towards you is a violent drug-taking pyschopath with a chip on his shoulder, or not.
Old May 8th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
So one moron can hold 100 police, army and the SAS at bay for 3 days, costing this poor country God knows how much.

But at least you won't be able to wear your Gang Patch in Wanganui before long, so instead of being able to recognise the criminal scum straightaway, you will have to guess whether the tattooed long haired character walking towards you is a violent drug-taking pyschopath with a chip on his shoulder, or not.
Its all becoming a bit of a joke innit B??? I am really sad that this country only appears to have ANY passion and fire when it comes to poxy sport. None of the shite I am moaning about affects me YET..but I don't like the way this country is going. When is someone going to wake up and smell the coffee as they put it..law and order in ALL respects in this country is pathetic. I am not saying its the cops fault by the way..they can only do with what they are given...law wise and tool wise..which isn't much. I fear hugely for the future of NZ unless someone like Michael Laws takes over from the bleeding heart liberals.
Old May 9th 2009, 12:06 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

...Yep a Scary thought
Old May 9th 2009, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
...Yep a Scary thought
The gun man is is dead. No court case at the tax payers cost...........ditto imprisonment and one hopes this will one day give some closure to SPC Sneed's family. At least with this end he will never hurt anyone ever again.

Last edited by Genesis; May 9th 2009 at 3:14 am.
Old May 9th 2009, 5:49 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Sad but true...and in the 4 years I have been here its all been down hill as far as violence and mayhem goes on a country wide scale.
Is that the media talking again or is there some evidence that supports that? Personally I don't feel anything much has changed since we arrived on law and order matters.
Old May 9th 2009, 6:15 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see what your problem with the police approach was. Isn't it standard tactic to secure the situation and negotiate/wait it out to a successful conclusion? The guys in charge obviously decided there was no great call on the resources elsewhere so they took a patient approach rather than blast the guy out. I know the tele shows US swat teams acting with 'ruthless efficiency', but those guys do an average of 4-5 call outs in a shift so they just cannot afford to wait it out. Its a bit different in NZ.

On the other hand my feeling is that drug busts should probably have armed backup these days - but that has a cost too!
Old May 9th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by southerner
Is that the media talking again or is there some evidence that supports that? Personally I don't feel anything much has changed since we arrived on law and order matters.
Three cops killed in 12 months and 2 seriously wounded..that's a start.
Old May 9th 2009, 8:31 am
Here in Dunedin

Three cops killed in 12 months and 2 seriously wounded..that's a start.
In the 60s one bloke on the west coast killed 4 cops in one day.
Old May 9th 2009, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

MrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant future

One moron? One dead body can hold all those police up - imagine what a moron could do!

Still, they will have to start firing cops (no pun intended!), as with 100 police held up for 3 days they will not be generating much revenue catching speeders!
Old May 9th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

MrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant futureMrCFD has a brilliant future

Old May 9th 2009, 11:44 am

Cant understand why there is a discussion about some lowlife that you get in any country in the world....
Old May 9th 2009, 11:46 am

It happens, anywhere in the world and the police deal with it the best they can, get over it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.