Moving guide

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light
Default Moving guide

Hoping this may help someone making that BIG decision.All may not apply to u guys as we came out on a buiseness visa.

12 mths

1) passports-update
2))Check u hav all original birth/marriage-certificates
3)apply for visas & go for medicals
4)put house on the market
5)pay off all debts owing-stop any spam mail u can
6)look into car transfer
7)confirm school place
8)do 1st bootsale-sell unwanted larger items-book your 2nd if necessey.
9)get police checks done

6months

1)quote from shipping companies
2)check out flight prices
3)sort out dogs journey/flight/prep
4)BIG de-clutter
5)open an NZ bank account
6)get hand-over files from vets(not necessary from drs or dentist we discovered)
7)register with school after receipt of visa

2 months & counting

1)book rental accomodation in NZ
2)register with school
3)list of friends details, keeping in touch with
4)Begin saying goodbye to family & friends
5) inform agencies re: premium bonds,child benefit etc
6) close any accounts not needed
7)once learnt of date for haulage book a skip

1 month to go eek!

1) inform the foloowing;
-tax office
-DVLA
-bank
-internet
-tv liscence
-gas- let know of situation
-electric- ditto
-BT get date it goes off
-inform school new & old in writing
-begin packing non essential items
-get any extra stuff needed from shops and drs prescriptions etc
2) transfer monies to NZ account
3)clean house
4)sort out car/house insurance
5)pack goods to be shipped
6)buy some currency

last 2 weeks

1) finalise home sale
2) final goodbyes
3) buy anything needed
4)final clear out of draws & house rubbish
5)goodbye to family
6)final clean
7)last wash
8)re-direct mail
9)pack n'go

Good luck-just to add my husband is very methodical and was used to such paperwork(we had a lot) i would also add a few weeks on to the date the haulage people give you as they seem to exaggerate how quick so u go with them...go as local as you can

Hope this proves to be more of a help than a hinderance...get lots of vino in Tray
Tray is invisible Forward Message
Old Nov 4th 2010, 2:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving guide

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such a wonderfully, helpful list. I'm sure it will help others as they plan their move to New Zealand. I loved it so much I've added it to our article section.
Old Nov 6th 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sue
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing such a wonderfully, helpful list. I'm sure it will help others as they plan their move to New Zealand. I loved it so much I've added it to our article section.
Hey Sue, I wasn't too sure where to place it for optimum usefullness, so a BIG THANK YOU..i'm still finding my way around the siteTray
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've just seen this. Have some karma for such a great post.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
I've just seen this. Have some karma for such a great post.
Gee thanks
Old Nov 9th 2010, 12:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tray
Hey Sue, I wasn't too sure where to place it for optimum usefullness, so a BIG THANK YOU..i'm still finding my way around the siteTray
Well if you ever get stuck on anything site related, don't forget to give myself, or the NZ moderators and concierges, a shout and we will be happy to help you. You can also post any questions or concerns, or even site suggestions in our Site Feedback forum anytime