Leeds United

Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default Leeds United

Right I know im opening myself up for abuse here, but am I one of only 4 Leeds Fans in New Zealand?

And ive met the other 3!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leeds United

Yep, I was going to suggest looking for a Facebook page, but I see you're already on one, with 1 other
P.S. I won't mention the 1st match of the season
Attached Thumbnails Leeds United-derbycountyfc.jpg  
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

i started the kiwi whites page.

i dont know why i do this to myself. I do remember being at Elland Rd sometime in the late 90s and we beat Derby 4 -1.

Clutching at straws is the appropriate phrase your looking for
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rason
i started the kiwi whites page.

i dont know why i do this to myself. I do remember being at Elland Rd sometime in the late 90s and we beat Derby 4 -1.

Clutching at straws is the appropriate phrase your looking for
Remember it well!!!
Even worse was the 4-3 after we were 3 - 0 up!!!
My first away match was at Elland Road in 1972, Leeds won 5-0
Old Oct 28th 2010, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

I remember Bowyer pulling that back.

Times have changed somewhat
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:36 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Leeds United

Right I know im opening myself up for abuse here, but am I one of only 4 Leeds Fans in New Zealand?

And ive met the other 3!
Rason,
Nothing much happening on the Leeds United front! I`m not a football fan but my friend Sue has had a season ticket for many years, she travels fifteen miles to Elland Road for all home matches. There hasn`t been a win for a while. On BBC Look North from Leeds this week, the presenter said "Leeds were demolished by Cardiff!" I`m an All Blacks fan myself, can`t wait for the match at Twickenham next Saturday, I wonder if England will be "demolished" by the Kiwis?
Pat.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

yeah i know......

you have got to have the lows to appreciate the highs
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:05 am
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Leeds United

yeah i know......

you have got to have the lows to appreciate the highs
Of course, you are right. if you support a team you are with them whatever. I`m fifteen miles from Leeds so I`m interested in knowing the results of the LU games.
On a different subject, Rugby League, Leeds Rhinos have just said goodbye to Brian McClennan, the Kiwi coach for three years. I will miss his accent, he was often on sports news from Leeds.
Pat.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:04 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kamburu pat
Of course, you are right. if you support a team you are with them whatever. I`m fifteen miles from Leeds so I`m interested in knowing the results of the LU games.
On a different subject, Rugby League, Leeds Rhinos have just said goodbye to Brian McClennan, the Kiwi coach for three years. I will miss his accent, he was often on sports news from Leeds.
Pat.
I have jut one thing to say coming from Nottingham

Brian Clough
Old Oct 30th 2010, 2:42 pm
kamburu pat

Originally Posted by bdclayton
I have jut one thing to say coming from Nottingham

Brian Clough
My husband came from a village near Nottingham.
There was a programme recently about Brian Clough`s career, as I said, I`m not a football fan but who hasn`t heard of Brian Clough? I hadn`t realised he was with Leeds United for a while. He certainly had an interesting career in football.
Pat.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:09 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

4-1 win yesterday
Yes there's another Leeds fan down here in Nelson so that takes it to 5.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

This is one thing about going back that kinda worries me : Since returning to UK I've turned into a yob Gooner. Football was always in the background 'till I moved to NZ,then I SO missed it ??!! What happens about the pub thing/SKY etc ? I know there are 24hr bars in Auckland but can't see it happening somehow. Your thoughts ? (but not about Gooners)
Oh and re Leeds,why change a winning formula THAT much ?

Last edited by Droidling; Oct 30th 2010 at 8:31 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Heal think you need to join my Kiwi whites page on Facebook.

Im young enough to have wished Clough would have worked out at Elland Rd, cant say i like him too much but you cant argue with the results he achieved.

Cant see Leeds on Sky as they only show the Premier League in NZ, although ive found a few dodgy websites to watch a game or F1 if it works out with work etc

come on the Whites.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:40 am
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

I've had the pleasure of watching them since 1971 until 2 years ago since we came here, even though their not so good at the moment I really miss it.
Hopefully if we get promoted this season we'll see more of them on sky instead of having to watch them on the computer.I'll check out your facebook.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 3:53 am
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Leeds United

No - theres another one now. Not me, my husband - Leeds born and bred. We've just moved here to Auckland 4 weeks ago. I'll get him to join up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.