moving

Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

scharlonie will become famous soon enoughscharlonie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: moving

Originally Posted by pauliz
all these lucky people selling there houses please send me some of that karma.
Wonderwoman me?Well I like to think so but my body tells me differently
Didnt I read a post somewhere that NZ airlines allow two 23kg suitcases ,that would give you 46kg each Sharlonie, certainly enough for the kiddies Chrissy pressies, but is Xmas in a different month in NZ as I thought you said you are going in January

liz
Hi Pauliz, Airnz allow 23kg per person, so emirates is far the better, and a closer option for us as we're going from bham. As for xmas pressies, i mean the ones that they will get here, cant h ave three kids without anything to open on christmas morning, heck i cant even go christmas without anything to open, have already warned hubby its going to have to be small but expensive, diamonds are nice arent they????!!!!!

Hope the karma comes through
Take care
Sharon
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:36 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scharlonie
Hi Pauliz, Airnz allow 23kg per person, so emirates is far the better, and a closer option for us as we're going from bham. As for xmas pressies, i mean the ones that they will get here, cant h ave three kids without anything to open on christmas morning, heck i cant even go christmas without anything to open, have already warned hubby its going to have to be small but expensive, diamonds are nice arent they????!!!!!

Take care
Sharon
Just a quick thought for you guys doing the removal quotes etc, etc, do a search this thread on the really useful thread for shippers/removals etc and for a while we all posted our quotes, should still be there. Obviously they alter but you'll have an idea.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:44 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Take care
Sharon
Air NZ via LAX allows 23kg per suitcase but two suitcases per person so that's 46kg per person, plus you get 7kg each for flight bags. This allowance applies to children as well.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

pauliz will become famous soon enoughpauliz will become famous soon enough

Knew Id read about NZ airlines and 23kg x 2 each.Thanks Team embo
So Scharlonie you can have extra big diamonds now.
Liz
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

scharlonie will become famous soon enoughscharlonie will become famous soon enough

Knew Id read about NZ airlines and 23kg x 2 each.Thanks Team embo
So Scharlonie you can have extra big diamonds now.
Liz
Wow, the people on airnz need to get an update then, cause when i phoned they stated that you could only take 23kg per person. Thanks for the nod. Had PSS today for a quote, they reckon that we're over a 20 container but only just. They quoted £3400 approx plus and extra £5.95 per sqcubic metre. They reckon the car will cost an extra 1500-2000. will have to drop some of the things that i asked them to quote for, to get it all in one. Anyone had an experience with PSS????
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Scharlonie,
I got a quote from Britannia,£3253 for a 20 foot container with 500 cu ft and a car.For a 40 ft container with 600cu ft and enough room for 2 cars was £4120
The Removal Group quoted £3145 for a 20ft container including car.
I suggest you get some more quotes
Liz
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Liz, yeah i've got some more quotes coming next week, the only prob is that we cant get the car and all the crap, i mean household stuff in a 20 container, so will have to wait and see. Hows the house sale going any luck yet?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

No luck on the house sale and no luck on the visas yet, I just hope they come through in time for me to start my job in Tauranga on 1/10.
I know what you mean about crap er stuff, we have to decide what to not take.Im in a quandry as to take wardrobes or not ,whether to buy a washing machine to take but if I do decide to do that Ill need a 40 ft container and another £800 decisions, decisions
Anyway the weekends here and time to partyer well not exactly party but I might have a few drinks
Everyone have a good weekend
Liz
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone. well its real, the visa'a arrived this morning how scary is that, as well as exciting
So, booking flights with emirates today, and awaiting more quotes from removal packers, decided to leave yet more stuff as we are well over a 20ft container, trying to keep the price down cause it came back as over 5 grand, the bloke reckoned it wouldnt be more than 4300 so that was a shock for OH Hows things going ur end Liz, have the visa's arrived yet????? How are the sleepless nights,

Sharon
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:13 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice
Post Re: moving

We are coming to NZ in September,Any ideas for a stress free move, best container company etc etc.
Hi Liz

We are moving across in September and are using a company called Bishop's Move. They quoted us just over GBP 4,000 for a 40 foot high cube container and do door to door service, packing up this end, unpacking at other end and removing rubbish etc.

Our other two quotes were from PSS and AngloPacific. The former quoted over GBP 6,000 and the latter dead on GBP 6,000.00 for the same service and they are all members of the same quality organisations. So it was a no brainer for us really - we went with the cheapest.

Hope this helps.

Shirley
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:21 pm
Dr. Watchers

Scottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really niceScottish Family is just really nice

Hi

We asked trailfinders to quote us for flights with a stop over in Dubai. They used Emirates (obviously ) and told us that because we were emigrating we would be entitled to 60kg per person luggage allowance! We thought that was great. We were booking business class though so that might have something to do with it, I'm not sure.

Shirley
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottish Family
Hi

We asked trailfinders to quote us for flights with a stop over in Dubai. They used Emirates (obviously ) and told us that because we were emigrating we would be entitled to 60kg per person luggage allowance! We thought that was great. We were booking business class though so that might have something to do with it, I'm not sure.

Shirley
Hi shirley, yep business class allows you that amount. Cant afford that though with 5 to take out, oh how that would be nice though, leave OH and kids in economy and upgrade myself, Hummmm food for thought!!!!!!Economy allow 40kg if you provisional book the tickets and send them a fax with your visa's photo and booking ref so that it can get printed on ticket. When r u flying out????
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:48 pm
Dr. Watchers

Hi shirley, yep business class allows you that amount. Cant afford that though with 5 to take out, oh how that would be nice though, leave OH and kids in economy and upgrade myself, Hummmm food for thought!!!!!!Economy allow 40kg if you provisional book the tickets and send them a fax with your visa's photo and booking ref so that it can get printed on ticket. When r u flying out????
Sounds good to me ... Go for it !
Hubby is confirming dates with them tonight. He wants 21st September but I would like to go sooner because he is due to start work in Wellington on 1st October. I think we need some time to look around Kapiti Coast to find a decent rental. We haven't even organised a motel yet but OH says we could stay in small company flat for a week or so... not sure about that with two boys needing space to run around etc..

What are your plans on arrival?
Shirley
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Scharlonie and Scottish family
No visas yet ,lucky you lot,am I worried???? maybe just a little but its reassuring to know they do eventually come through.
Wont have a problem with kids the other end but will have a prob with cats,Tried to arrange for them to have their poo checks but the guy wont entertain until I have my flight details.Cant get my flight details till I have my visa,and the circle goes around:curse:
Well Ill look to you both for good karma
Liz
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottish Family
Sounds good to me ... Go for it !
Hubby is confirming dates with them tonight. He wants 21st September but I would like to go sooner because he is due to start work in Wellington on 1st October. I think we need some time to look around Kapiti Coast to find a decent rental. We haven't even organised a motel yet but OH says we could stay in small company flat for a week or so... not sure about that with two boys needing space to run around etc..

What are your plans on arrival?
Shirley
Hi Shirley, We're not going over till January having christmas here for the kids and family first, ready for the kids to start the new school year with everyone else at the end of January. We're l;ooking at northshore location as OH will hopefully have a job at Auckland, hasn't made any contacts yet though. I'm hoping once the kids are settled that I can get work in the local hospital/ anywhere that does physio.
Pauliz, it will happen, just hang in there!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.