Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:35 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Originally Posted by love30stm
Yep agree. made a mistake and bitter I think as who would go on MBTUK forum when you have moved back and chat all the time??? just wondering
I don't consider an unfavourable outcome a "mistake" but do agree that some people are left very bitter by their experience. I wonder sometimes if they are "helped" by these forums or not. Sometimes I think they would be better off chalking it up to experience and moving on.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:00 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future

Hi all

Just sticking my nose in to add my bit.

Yep Brit Expats moan.

We are British Expats living in Cyprus and moving to NZ in Feb, but the expats moan here to.

I think people come out here because of the weather and think there going to live just like there on holiday for the rest of their lives and don't look at anything else. Then when they arrive they moan that there are no decent shops or shopping centres, they miss Asda & Tesco, its too hot in the summer, very dusty, to many mozzies, no ready meal or choice of foods, i could just go on and on. Why the hell did they emigrate.

Please get real and emigrate with your eyes wide open, research where your going, ask questions. Embrace country & cultures and except there isn't anywhere on Earth that is perfect. Do not leave the UK thinking your going somewhere that's just like the UK only purer. It doesn't exist. Everywhere has its own problems, as everywhere is different. Your doing something that's the envy of many and you are lucky to be doing it. So embrace and enjoy your adventure.

Will stop rambling now and put away my soapbox Don't want to sound like an expat moaner
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:26 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

mum-dad-3-little people quote....

yes your right, and it always makes me laugh that people miss Tescos, Marks and Spencers, blah blah blah
then moan about the cold houses, the crap TV, being so isolated blah blah blah....if they think the UK is so great why move in the first place...please

oh yes sorry because it has no tesco's forgot..
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

The only moaning going on here, is by the same old people moaning about moaning.

There seems to be a concerted effort to hound off (BEP) anybody who posts negative points about NZ.

This is a free for all website all opinions are welcome, you are not the self appointed Mods.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
The only moaning going on here, is by the same old people moaning about moaning....
yeah, if people didn't moan so much about "whinging", or suggest that the "whingers" leave the country or just laugh at them then BEP would be a better place........so would NZ......

/realises he is moaning about moaning about moaning and disappears in a puff of hypocracy/

.....bugger......
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:43 am

oh here we go moan moan moan.....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:46 am

The only moaning going on here, is by the same old people moaning about moaning.

There seems to be a concerted effort to hound off (BEP) anybody who posts negative points about NZ.

This is a free for all website all opinions are welcome, you are not the self appointed Mods.
you mean like you for instance....oops sorry Im moaning about the whinging and generally moaning oops again.....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by love30stm
you mean like you for instance....oops sorry Im moaning about the whinging and generally moaning oops again.....
If the cap fits
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:55 am

If the cap fits
OMG....
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I think we need to lighten up here a bit. Yes, people moan, yes they say how they feel on here. But, that's at a certain time. They may feel better ( or worse) the next day. Remember that song about the kid who goes to summer camp in America. All his moans in a letter home, then finally tells his mum and dad to disregard his letter!

It's healthy to moan here, and better here than perhaps at work or in the pub with kiwi workmates. And, it also helps those comng over to get everything into perspective and know that others feel like they do at times. And, I don't believe for one minute that anyone is put off coming to NZ by anything they read on here. They have already decided before they start reading these threads.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:45 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Too right Whitesand - we all go through phases in our journey and we come on here for our own (often different) reasons. I know that's been said before (sometimes by me) but it needs to be re-emphasised. Let people moan, let them be happy-clappy, just don't rub their noses in it if they're down or tell them to f-off back where they came from if they don't like something you are happy (or just live) with.
I'm living with a lot of what I used to "moan" about but that doesn't mean I shouldn't have moaned about it and that I can't sympathise with those who do or find they have other issues with their "new" lives.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Location: currently in kent (born in essex, essex girl yay) moving to raumati beach way
medwaymaiden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizard
Are the British Expats on here the most miserable set of bastards going? I think after reading some of the most recent posts they are. I dont think that half off these people would be happy anywhere. I mean if they hate NZ so much, just piss off and stop making excuses. Stop chasing impossible, unrealistic and stupid dreams. Spend your life being realistic.
I am living in Kapiti at the present time and we are returning to Kent in the UK in January 2009 having only been here since December 2007. I do not consider myself to be a "whinging Pom" but I sure have met a few, having made friends with some Poms and some Kiwis too. Everything for us was great about New Zealand apart from the education system in our case for one of our kids but we tried, it hasn't gone to plan so we are going home but at least we have lots of great memories to take with us. For anybody considering bringing a child out with Aspergers, all I can say is "don't" .... there is absolutely no understanding of the condition whatsoever! We are being realistic, hence our return to the UK .... do you have a problem with whinging Poms Lizard lol?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Location: currently in kent (born in essex, essex girl yay) moving to raumati beach way
medwaymaiden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whitesand
I think we need to lighten up here a bit. Yes, people moan, yes they say how they feel on here. But, that's at a certain time. They may feel better ( or worse) the next day. Remember that song about the kid who goes to summer camp in America. All his moans in a letter home, then finally tells his mum and dad to disregard his letter!

It's healthy to moan here, and better here than perhaps at work or in the pub with kiwi workmates. And, it also helps those comng over to get everything into perspective and know that others feel like they do at times. And, I don't believe for one minute that anyone is put off coming to NZ by anything they read on here. They have already decided before they start reading these threads.
HEY, I REMEMBER THAT "HELLO MOTHER, HELLO FATHER, HERE I AM IN CAMP GRENADA, DUM DE DUM DE, DUM DE DUM DOO .... I USED TO REMEMBER LISTENING TO THAT ON RADIO ONE IN THE 70S LOL .... OMG I AM SOOOOOOO OLD .... OH NO, I AM MOANING, LIZARD WILL TELL ME OFF LOL.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:01 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by medwaymaiden
...I USED TO REMEMBER LISTENING TO THAT ON RADIO ONE IN THE 70S LOL .... OMG I AM SOOOOOOO OLD .... OH NO, I AM MOANING, LIZARD WILL TELL ME OFF LOL.
Are you having a senior moment and only being able to remember "remembering them"??

on the topic of "Junior Choice" (probobly where most of us of a "certain age" first heard that magical monologue set to classical music) my little uns (6 and 3yrs) are now big fans of some old kids tunes and kids TV, eg:
Morningtown Ride
Monster Mash
Puff the Magic Dragon
One eyed one horned Flying Purple People Eater
(BTW, there is a car in Auckland with a nice "plate" and surround all about that one)

and TV:
Mr Benn
Chigley, etc
Fingerbobs
The Flumps

suppose it beats gangsta and Japanese Cartoons. But then I am an old, sad git
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:00 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymaiden
HEY, I REMEMBER THAT "HELLO MOTHER, HELLO FATHER, HERE I AM IN CAMP GRENADA, DUM DE DUM DE, DUM DE DUM DOO .... I USED TO REMEMBER LISTENING TO THAT ON RADIO ONE IN THE 70S LOL .... OMG I AM SOOOOOOO OLD .... OH NO, I AM MOANING, LIZARD WILL TELL ME OFF LOL.
I hate to say it but I recall singing it at primary school in the 1980s.

In Wellington.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.