Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Old May 22nd 2008, 11:54 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Originally Posted by Hokey-pokey
Papamoa is referred to locally as Pommiemoa . Chances are your neighbours are English Howden40 ! Hope you settle in soon.
maybe we could adjust that to.....

pommie_moaNA.................

/I'll get me coat/
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:30 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Cool Re: Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Originally Posted by Genesis
No it wasn't why not be frank? We all have choices, no one asked anyone to move to NZ. You are supposed to do it because you wanted too. I believe in taking responsibility for my lot.

Talking of false pretences etc........more like poor choices or poorly researched move as I said. I too have made 1000's of poor and ill researched choices. I sort out the wheat from the chaff and get on with it.

I do not moan to strangers about my problems.

I am not kicking anyone when they are down..just having my say like she did about her issues. i don't agree with her sentiments..is that a problem?
And here lies the truth of the matter - when you move country you have no-one to discuss things with and are reduced to insanity or having a wee moan with expats on this site - everyone here is a stranger. Anyway what on earth are you doing on a site such as this, looking for poor unfortunates who have no-one to talk to, to take the ---- out of and moan about.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:46 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Papamoa is referred to locally as Pommiemoa . Chances are your neighbours are English Howden40 ! Hope you settle in soon.
No 100% Kiwi, either that or they took voice coaching lessons to loose any trace of immigrant accent.

I haven't said I don't have friends or haven't settled in, I'm content with my life. But Pommiemoa, come on - got to be a kiwi who made that one up, immigrants would be more understanding.
Old May 23rd 2008, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40

But Pommiemoa, come on - got to be a kiwi who made that one up, immigrants would be more understanding.
Yes I agree it's very lame - a bit like Londonstan.
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:33 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree it's very lame - a bit like Londonstan.
yes but that particular verbal constuction is not particularly new so I don't think is particularly targeted to residents of pommieora or Londonstan. Canuckistan (Canada) or Seppostan (USA) and I know I heard versions of it in the UK as well

Kind of like "-vegas" at the end of a particular place name: Brisvegas for Brisbane, Rotovegas for Rotorua.

Not particularly clever either way. But not truly aimed at Brits in particular.
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:48 am
Banned

joggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nicejoggerfan is just really nice

Expats are generally moaners because they are the ones who were not content in their country.

They then expect their host country to be a warmer version of the UK and soon realise that it can be very different.

Just look at how many people moan about Perth for instance.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Ruzuna has a brilliant futureRuzuna has a brilliant futureRuzuna has a brilliant futureRuzuna has a brilliant futureRuzuna has a brilliant futureRuzuna has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Browner_
Yes, perhaps they/we are.

Many of the immigrants will be from upward successful backgrounds who are used to being assertive and trying to improve things, unlike the general kiwi approach I find which is to let things be, leave well alone and accept mediocrity.

Also many immigrants have probably had a rose tinted view of NZ gained from the media and holidays, and probably had unreasonable expectations when they got here. NZ's clean green image may be realised by mountaineers and trampers, but for us working class its a joke.

Many probably also werent prepared for such a shock of moving from where it all happens to where it doesnt happen.

And to put so much effort into moving round the world only to find quite a few problems that u didnt expect, and perhaps feeling that you cant easily go back - that must be tough.

No excuses, but perhaps some reasons.
Maybe we did chase an unrealistic and stupid dream, but I suppose at least we tried.
Quite right maybe the uk is not the best but it is competitve and the centre of Europe, I sometimes feel dead here.mediocrity great way to decribe it.
Alison
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:42 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by joggerfan
Expats are generally moaners because they are the ones who were not content in their country.

They then expect their host country to be a warmer version of the UK and soon realise that it can be very different.

Just look at how many people moan about Perth for instance.

Yes but even all non-Perth resident Australians HATE Perth!!

What is it with British people and Perth?!?! Nobody else wants to live in the world's most isolated city!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice
Smile Re: Are most Brit Expats NZ moaners?

Well I think that all people moan and its just par and par of been english, if you didn't moan you would just hit boiling point and god knows what would happen.
So everyone have alook at yourself and think, you will moan and not relise you are doing it until some kind Kiwi slaps you on the back of the head and tells you to wind it in.

I was doing it but realise it, and like it or not leave your moaning until your on a site like this and others can moan to how about a moaners page.

This is my opinion so no one take offence to it.

Regards

Stan
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

TOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant futureTOONLAD has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rockape
Well I think that all people moan and its just par and par of been english, if you didn't moan you would just hit boiling point and god knows what would happen.
So everyone have alook at yourself and think, you will moan and not relise you are doing it until some kind Kiwi slaps you on the back of the head and tells you to wind it in.

I was doing it but realise it, and like it or not leave your moaning until your on a site like this and others can moan to how about a moaners page.

This is my opinion so no one take offence to it.

Regards

Stan

Totally agree but would widen the the scope to ALL nationalities.

Pauline
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:45 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNH
Yes but even all non-Perth resident Australians HATE Perth!!

What is it with British people and Perth?!?! Nobody else wants to live in the world's most isolated city!!!!
Hang on - there are plenty of Kiwi expats in WA, they ain't moaning about the $$$s of course, just making a fast buck or three.......
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TOONLAD
Totally agree but would widen the the scope to ALL nationalities.

Pauline

Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:16 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rockape
Well I think that all people moan and its just par and par of been english,
Good thing I'm Scottish.

Perth is great btw.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 7:27 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
I don't think so.

They are in MBTUK forum.
Yep agree. made a mistake and bitter I think as who would go on MBTUK forum when you have moved back and chat all the time??? just wondering
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Exactly the same people that come onto any of these migrant forums, including this one. Very real people looking for or willing to give help, advice, kindred spirit and support. No different from here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.