Mongrel Mob

Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:36 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mongrel Mob

[QUOTE=TeamEmbo;6658215]Wasn't that the whole point though? That he found God, changed his ways and was trying to get through to the young people by relaying his story that that was the ONLY way? To trust in God, repent your sin, make your peace and follow God's word? That's the bottom line. You were in a church attending a talk by someone who'd commited the most horrendous crimes who was trying to get his message across about how God saved him and you leave surprised that the church turned this into an event for giving opportunity to others to come forward and repent their sins and be cleansed and follow in the word of God so that they too might be saved??????

QUOTE]

That's what I'd think too. It doesn't matter if it's because of God or not, repenting and trying to show others how easy it is to go wrong has got to be worth something. I don't believe that making someone suffer for ever does anyone any good. I also don't believe that kids aspire to being in gangs. If they got that sense of belonging in their own homes they wouldn't feel the need to 'belong' to a gang.

I had a boyfriend once who I met in London. He was Irish too but I'd never have met him in Ireland - he belonged to a different world than anything I'd ever known. But..... when you're out of your comfort zone anyone can be anything and it wasn't until I went back to where he came from that I saw it. I was looking for a job but had to give a friend's address because nobody would employ me if I gave his. The area was well known for all the wrong reasons. I only stuck it out for a week. It was awful. These people have no hope. They don't know what it is to have ambition because there's no point. Their parents, grandparents, great grandparents never had it so they've no incentive. A job is out of the question unless you're a tradesman because they're needed everywhere and to become one you've got to have parents who are a bit 'different'.

The only chance they have is to get out and unless you've experienced it you've no idea how hard that is to even imagine. For me, anyone who can get out and make a go of it - no matter where they've come from or what they've done - is a victory.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:28 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkumar
Having watched Ross Kemp make a documentary about them, I thought I would ask whether the Mob are still prevalent in NZ (mainly Auckland).

Are they really that bad? Is the news full of mob stories or should Ross Kemp have got an award for great acting!?
First up, I had close associations with these kind of people when I was younger and living in NZ.

I've seen kemps "doco" and it's just the mob glorifying itself. They're nobody's as are most gangs. You'll see them around now and then but just ignore them and you'll be fine.

If they approach you, play it by ear but don't EVER let them see fear. They thrive on that stuff. Personally I'd recommend in such a situation; stand your ground: be respectful but FIRM. DON'T TAKE SHITE! They're just wayward maori youth/ young men with poor attitude, social skills and education.

I know some would freak right out about all this but honestly in my experience (and I lived in NZ for 30yrs, and spent times with gang members in part) this is more often than not a case of the imagination imagining the worst case scenario. Chances are very much in your favour that you will never have to deal with this sort of stuff. So take it easy, ok?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
Yes I'd also like the councils to enforce it, they won't Hahaha. Also their Pit bulls are trained, to keep the police and others from their stash of drugs.
I hear that Wanganui has banned patch wearing and our council is thinking of doing the same, but I'd like to see them enforce it

That is not a decision Police support as it makes them harder to identify.

I have lived and worked in South Auckland for the best part of 40 years. I have nursed a large number gang members and never been treated with anything other than curtesy.

I asked one of them if someone like me should be afraid of his gang in public and he replied "only if you get in the middle of a rumble"

These days the big problem with gangs in South Auckland is with the young teenagers imitating the American gang culture which seems to resonate with PI kids mostly.

Before the days of mobiles phones I got a puncture on the Southern motorway very late one night. There was not a lot of traffic about but what there was just looked and kept going. Eventually a group of about 6-7 Black Power on bikes stopped to help. They had my tyre changed in no time at all, said take care on the road miss and off they went.

The problem we have with some of the adult gangs is the manufacturing and selling of P.

Last edited by Bellasmum; Oct 24th 2008 at 7:59 am.