Mongrel Mob

Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

mkumar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mongrel Mob

Having watched Ross Kemp make a documentary about them, I thought I would ask whether the Mob are still prevalent in NZ (mainly Auckland).

Are they really that bad? Is the news full of mob stories or should Ross Kemp have got an award for great acting!?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all
Default Re: Mongrel Mob

yes they are still around

but they tend to kill each other so its not that big an issue
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:50 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Only ever seen one, I checked him in at Chc airport but was nice as pie to me, so you cant judge a book as they say..
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

we saw one in chipmonks an indoor play place for kids and he was a nice guy once you get over the tattoos on the face etc! i was just praying that my boys didn't whack his!! thats the only time, have heard that they only go after the rival gang black power so you should be ok!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:03 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to a talk by an ex Mogrel Mob president in Dunedin this wednesday coming, he Tuhoe Issac was a president for many years, but had found GOD and turned his life around, i think it will be interesting to hear his story, as being from UK i hardly ever came across a gang member with full face tattoos, they look fearsom when you first come across them, but its the young prsopects that are the problem,years ago they used to do initiation crimes, burglary, rape, killings and all sorts of things bad.
Nowdays most are inot petty crime, mostly drugs, down south we have them and even Invercargill, Hasting and Napier, Gisbourne, you would never buy a house next door to them as they usualy have 6ft high iron fences around gang houses, there was a tiff between biker gang and mOb in Invercargill a few weeks back, where 2 Harley bikes were stolen from the Road Knights by Mob, and this resulted in one of the gangs house being burt down.

A lot of the older gang members are trying to stop the young ones joining up, but now you get gangs that try and ressemble Amrican youth gangs, Hoodies etc, theres some in Auckland called the Killer bees, lads from Pacific island seems to run a lot of them, we had some in Dunedin try to start a scrap on the seas front, only wee boys teen age , the Moari hard boys and the Tongan foot soldiers ha ha sad ay.

But NZ has far less problems and crime compared to UK, you will come across them but unless you want a "tinny" or a smoke then will never meet one.

We had only just moved here in May 05 when i went to the local corner shop, and was looking down at my wallet whilst walking into the shop entrance and nearly bumped into this guy, i looked up and he was built like a brick out house and had full MOKO tattoos on his face, but i said " gidday" and he said" how you going " back, asked the guy in shop who he was and he said " the president of mob in Dunedin" and told me they onlt deal i weed, i have seen then playing rugby for local teams, can you imaging doing a hard tackle on one of them ha ha.

Theres one place you would not want to live and thats always on the news and thats Souyth Auckland, Otara.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:18 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here over 3 years and I've seen one guy with the Moko eating Big Macs in the mall and two old guys out for a Sunday drive on their bikes I can't say that I felt threatened in either case haha

There were some young guys hanging around Glenfield Mall there for a while but the police cracked down hard on them and you never hear about them now at all. I believe they were 'tourists' from South Auckland
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:15 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know if I know anyone who has actually encountered a problem with the mongrel mob or black power (except possibly if people were dodgy druggies).

Yes every once in a while you do see them, and they may surprise you more than anything. Scared the hell out of me one day when I was at home before university and a guy wearing the jacket and tee shirt with ‘mighty mongrel mob’ came to the door. Turned out my father had given him our mini fridge. The guy had just bought a house of my father and needed a fridge before a “flash new one arrived from farmers”!! Unfortunately my father had forgotten to tell me that he would be coming around. Very polite guy who realised that I wasn’t expecting him. Oh, and yes I gave him the fridge.

I think if you live and work in a community with a high gang problem (eg Cannons Creek in Porirua) you may be more aware of the issue. Aware more than anything else. Not necessarily effected, but visually aware. But even living nearby doesn’t really mean that you will encounter problems. Facial tattoos aren’t all gang tattoos either (which I know those people in NZ would know, but you might not..sorry if I made an assumption…you may know that already).

Personally, I think there could be more of a problem with youth gangs, though I am not so naïve to believe that these people don’t eventually feed into the larger older gangs.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:23 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Once incident in January this year. Cub Scout Camp and 5 spent an evening intimidating the group, adults locked the gates to campsite and they rammed it. When adults tried to reason with them 3 ended up needing hospital treatment. It was young members.
Adult now taking mediation courses should another incident ever occur.

Pauline
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mkumar
Having watched Ross Kemp make a documentary about them, I thought I would ask whether the Mob are still prevalent in NZ (mainly Auckland).

Are they really that bad? Is the news full of mob stories or should Ross Kemp have got an award for great acting!?

The Mongrel mob are very much alive and well, I can only speak from the experience of Rotorua. In 2006 A mob member shot a Black Power gang member in broad daylight in Rotorua. The MM still rule the East Side of Rotorua. Black Power rule the West Side, that is why these are no - go areas for Brits or even kiwi's. You are not allowed to wear red(MM colours) or Blue (BP) in the city itself. Most gang members wear neckerchiefs. (MM). The youth culture think it is great to be lured into these gangs. Drugs in New Zealand itself is so endoctrinated into the society. There are certain initiation services that these young members have to do. i will not go into what they are on a public site. I only know from taking over 2 British daughters, with blonde hair and blue eyes and moving into the wrong part of town, and talking to the police, who became a magnet for these youths. My two sons luckily had nothing to do with any gangs. Believe what Ross Kemp says, they are very much alive and ruining lots of peoples lives!!!!! Lots of Brits are advised to move to a lovely place called Lynmore in Rototura, my advise is DON'T, it looks lovely, sorry BAD AREA.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

In Auckland there is a bigger gang problem in the southern suburbs. I agree that the comfortable face of things hides the truth that they run a lot of lives, have a lot of control in prisons. Their crimes, far from being petty, are often large scale and international which is why they don't want police around investigating petty crimes and will sometimes get younger members to apologise for misdemeanours. Having said all that if you live in middle class suburbia and don't do drugs you will probably never have a problem unless you are unfortunate enough to get caught up in the battles between gangs that happen occasionally.

Even in little Timaru we have gangs and while you don't have drive by shootings etc. they do sometimes cause problems with intimidation, blackmail, and teenage recruiting and there is drug dealing. The other day there was about 10 patched Mob members walking down the street at 1pm on Saturday afternoon. One of them had two pit bull terriers off the lead. As I drove by one dog started running out in front of me and I jammed on the brakes but if his owner hadn't called it back I would've run it over and I would've certainly been intimidated if I'd killed a gang member's dog with 9 back up mates watching. I would've been on edge for weeks in case they decided to stake out my dog on the lawn, or torch my car. Lol.

The biggest problem is when the gangs confront each other. I hear that Wanganui has banned patch wearing and our council is thinking of doing the same, but I'd like to see them enforce it. Like I say though if you keep your nose clean and have no quarrel with them, they'll leave you alone and they can be decent human beings.

Last edited by kiwinow; Aug 5th 2008 at 2:54 am.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kiwinow
In Auckland there is a bigger gang problem in the southern suburbs. I agree that the comfortable face of things hides the truth that they run a lot of lives, have a lot of control in prisons. Their crimes, far from being petty, are often large scale and international which is why they don't want police around investigating petty crimes and will sometimes get younger members to apologise for misdemeanours. Having said all that if you live in middle class suburbia and don't do drugs you will probably never have a problem unless you are unfortunate enough to get caught up in the battles between gangs that happen occasionally.

Even in little Timaru we have gangs and while you don't have drive by shootings etc. they do sometimes cause problems with intimidation, blackmail, and teenage recruiting and there is drug dealing. The other day there was about 10 patched Mob members walking down the street at 1pm on Saturday afternoon. One of them had two pit bull terriers off the lead. As I drove by one dog started running out in front of me and I jammed on the brakes but if his owner hadn't called it back I would've run it over and I would've certainly been intimidated if I'd killed a gang member's dog with 9 back up mates watching. I would've been on edge for weeks in case they decided to stake out my dog on the lawn, or torch my car. Lol.

The biggest problem is when the gangs confront each other. I hear that Wanganui has banned patch wearing and our council is thinking of doing the same, but I'd like to see them enforce it. Like I say though if you keep your nose clean and have no quarrel with them, they'll leave you alone and they can be decent human beings.
Yes I'd also like the councils to enforce it, they won't Hahaha. Also their Pit bulls are trained, to keep the police and others from their stash of drugs.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Elsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really niceElsie03 is just really nice

Originally Posted by howden40
Once incident in January this year. Cub Scout Camp and 5 spent an evening intimidating the group, adults locked the gates to campsite and they rammed it. When adults tried to reason with them 3 ended up needing hospital treatment. It was young members.
Adult now taking mediation courses should another incident ever occur.

Pauline
Surely this wasnt in downtown Papamoa?? Was it?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

walshy is an unknown quantity at this point

was this in papamoa itself?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 4:53 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Tuhoe Isaccs, Ex Mogrel Mob President.

My wife and i went along to Dunedin town hall to listen to an Ex Mogrel mob president, who 17 years ago, fortunitely and unbelievably found GOD, he has written books and is now around 56 years old, full Moko tattoo on his face and the gang patch tattoed into his skin.

We wanted to hear his past in detail, but were not shocked or upset at what he told us, he never swore or went into the detail we and so many others wanted to hear or understand about his past as President of 3 chapters of Mogrel mob in the Waikato region, instead we listened to how after years of prison and doing drugs, rape and all sorts of crime, he suddenly saw the light, one thing that did disturb me was the fact that people clapped him onto the stage, would you do the same for a child molester?? i think not, his gang had even taken young women of the streets and forced them inot being the gangs women, you know what for ? so why should he be welcomed, just beac`use he says he has found GOD ********,, i'm sorry but listening to him talk, i feel you will never take the mob out of him, there was always a chuckle when he was talking of his boys and members a sort of sinister laugh, but when talking about GOD he was sort of different.

Ok forgiveness can be done and given by some people but for me i'm not sure i would if he'd done anything to my family, the best bit was he recons that GOD made people abuse him as a child so one day he to would find GOD, what a crock of poo, and who says crime doesn't pay, his book is $30.

Lots of people left just before the end and there was 1800 turned out, because the event was run by Dunedins churches ,left because they could not just leave it at that, instead at these events turn it into an inlisting preaching event, and thats where we left to, the Pastor on stage was saying things like if " you want to be like Tuhoe Issacs then you need to turn to GOD tonight and come and join us" the young people who went wanted to see how they could change their errors of their ways by listening to The Ex Mobster, but instead were told unless you turn to GOD then it will never happen, why have the churches changed to using this evangelistic method of forceing it down peoples throats, why cant they just let people make up their own minds, sorry rant over.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:15 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't that the whole point though? That he found God, changed his ways and was trying to get through to the young people by relaying his story that that was the ONLY way? To trust in God, repent your sin, make your peace and follow God's word? That's the bottom line. You were in a church attending a talk by someone who'd commited the most horrendous crimes who was trying to get his message across about how God saved him and you leave surprised that the church turned this into an event for giving opportunity to others to come forward and repent their sins and be cleansed and follow in the word of God so that they too might be saved??????

Or were you just there to hear all the gory details of the crimes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.