Mobile Phones

Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

grimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the rough
Default Mobile Phones

Hi, we're moving to Auckland as soon as we get the Visas (just had medicals) and was wondering what band the mobile has to be from UK to work there? I currently own a Motorola Razr that's quad band, so I think that should work if I get a new sim card. But my husband wants a Motorola Rokr, which is duel band, not sure if that would work. If not what are the selections like in NZ?
On a completely different note...I'm hoping to keep my first horse there when we move and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice on livery costs and schooling?

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2005, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mobile Phones

Originally Posted by grimm
Hi, we're moving to Auckland as soon as we get the Visas (just had medicals) and was wondering what band the mobile has to be from UK to work there? I currently own a Motorola Razr that's quad band, so I think that should work if I get a new sim card. But my husband wants a Motorola Rokr, which is duel band, not sure if that would work. If not what are the selections like in NZ?
On a completely different note...I'm hoping to keep my first horse there when we move and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice on livery costs and schooling?

Thanks
I know many phones are blocked in the UK, nothing to do with which band it is, but you will have to have it unblocked if it is indeed blocked. For phone options in NZ check out vodafone.co.nz.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Vodafone in NZ use GSM900, which is as used by Vodafone and O2 UK networks - so any GSM phone will work except a Orange/T-mobile single band, provided it's not locked to a UK carrier.

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2005, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hello... we bought phones with us (Nokia 6630's) and they work fine here now but we did have to get them unlocked from Vodafone UK and to do that we had to ring them up from here to get a code. Make sure you buy phones there as they can be expensive here.

I have bought a horse here. We live in Beachlands and my horse is kept at grass livery near Whitford. Theres not many off road places to ride to be honest but I can ride down by the Mangroves and down onto the beach on Clifton Peninsular. Most people buy a horse trailor (called a Float here) and take their horses to good places to hack out, or they join one of the many Pony Clubs and use their facilities and have lessons and use the menages for schooling. It costs me $120 a month to keep the horse at livery but if you look in the local papers you can get grazing for less. I dont mind paying a bit extra as the Yard Manager lives on site and he checks the horses for you every day and gives them hay in winter so if you cant get down it doesnt matter. The horses live out all year round, not like the UK, so keeping them here is a lot easier and just like summer time in the UK....theres no mucking out!! yippee! Theres plenty of horses for sale here....a good place to look is trademe as you get to see a picture of the horse then you can ring the seller up to arrange to go and see and try the horse. Because racing is big here theres lots of ex racers for sale... the Thoroughbreds can be highly strung but the ex-harness-racers are NZ Standardbreds and they arnt the prettiest of horses but their natures are phenomenal....they love people and are generally quiet to ride. I bought a 3 year old red bay Standardbred for $700 as I wanted to get a youngster to bring on.... he was destined to be turned into dogfood and was one of the lucky ones to be bought and reschooled.
If you have any questions please feel free to PM me... I still dont have anybody to ride out with so if you end up living round here we could ride out together?!

Hope this helps, SarahB
Attached Thumbnails Mobile Phones-dcp_1673.jpg