Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nursing Council New Zealand

Nursing Council New Zealand

Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nursing Council New Zealand

Has anyone experienced the same bother that I'm having with NCNZ. Applied for registration in Sept. Nov 3rd received an e mail informing that I would receive notification via post within 5 - 10 days. I have a job offer and this is holding up the whole process. I sent 2 emails to them last week, and 1 this week. They haven't bothered to reply to any. I've had to send ITA without practice cert, our medicals were done on 17th Oct, and time is ticking on. House is sold, container comes next Wednesday, moving in with family, but don't know where we're going or when.

Boopy
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Council New Zealand

Originally Posted by Boopy
Has anyone experienced the same bother that I'm having with NCNZ. Applied for registration in Sept. Nov 3rd received an e mail informing that I would receive notification via post within 5 - 10 days. I have a job offer and this is holding up the whole process. I sent 2 emails to them last week, and 1 this week. They haven't bothered to reply to any. I've had to send ITA without practice cert, our medicals were done on 17th Oct, and time is ticking on. House is sold, container comes next Wednesday, moving in with family, but don't know where we're going or when.

Boopy

Registration roughly takes 3 months. I have kiwi friends who it has taken over 6 months to get UK registration.

Gill
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:13 am
Sly
Just Joined

Sly is on a distinguished road

Only applied for mine a few weeks ago so I am a little concerned by your comments but not that suprised. You would have thought that 2 civilised nations could have confirmed with each others NCs that we are indeed who we claim to be............nurses!.
I had to actually go to my local magistrates court with various ID just so they would sign my application form - mad.
I will let you know as soon as I recieve anything back from the NZNC but as yet nothing. It will be all worth it in the end though,
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Boopy
ooer i was suprised that mine was so quick only took 3 weeks, sorry to hear its delayed

check with your dhb (trust) when u get it, they might pay for it, mine did got the money back in my pay packet

good luck
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Registration roughly takes 3 months. I have kiwi friends who it has taken over 6 months to get UK registration.

Gill
Hi Gill
Is that with a job offer.
I'm more concerned with their lack of response, it's worrying after they had told me on 3/11/05 that everything was sorted and I would receive notification by post. I've wondered if it's been lost in the post, but what's the excuse for not replying to 3 e mails.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill
Is that with a job offer.
I'm more concerned with their lack of response, it's worrying after they had told me on 3/11/05 that everything was sorted and I would receive notification by post. I've wondered if it's been lost in the post, but what's the excuse for not replying to 3 e mails.
NCNZ are not concerned whether you have a job offer or not, thats immigration. NC can say yes you have the OK, however a committee meets monthly to give the registration a rubber stamp of approval. I'm really surprised with the lack of response. However, do you know you can look on their web site and see if you name appears as being registered?

Look up the NC web site and then check public register. You only need your name to check.

Hope this helps.
Gill
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NCNZ are not concerned whether you have a job offer or not, thats immigration. NC can say yes you have the OK, however a committee meets monthly to give the registration a rubber stamp of approval. I'm really surprised with the lack of response. However, do you know you can look on their web site and see if you name appears as being registered?

Look up the NC web site and then check public register. You only need your name to check.

Hope this helps.
Gill
Hi Gill,
Thanks for that, but what a disappointment. Checked the register, name not there. They were quick to take my money out of the bank (October). I can't understand why they informed me that I would recieve the notification within days when I'm not even on the register. Do you know if nursing council closes over xmas hols. I'm going to phone them on Monday night (that's desperation), I'll have no pc or home phone after wednesday.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Gill,
Thanks for that, but what a disappointment. Checked the register, name not there. They were quick to take my money out of the bank (October). I can't understand why they informed me that I would recieve the notification within days when I'm not even on the register. Do you know if nursing council closes over xmas hols. I'm going to phone them on Monday night (that's desperation), I'll have no pc or home phone after wednesday.

Yes NC will be closed over the xmas period. The dates are 22nd Dec-4the Jan.
This of course will cause huge problems for some nurses and employers, due to 1/4 of all practising certificates expiring on Dec 31st. We have asked that all nurses with a re newal date of Dec 31 to provide their APC by Dec 12. Until this year, all APC were renewed on 1st April, the system to change to the quarter in which your bithday falls, has quite stumped some nurses.

Do you know if all your references have been sent?

Cheers
Gill
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

grimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the rough

I got my registration pretty quickly and had no bother with them. The only problem I have now is that they have the police check that I need for Immigration. Some rude woman told me to e-mail her and request it to be returned, but I haven't had any reply from her. Good luck
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grimm
I got my registration pretty quickly and had no bother with them. The only problem I have now is that they have the police check that I need for Immigration. Some rude woman told me to e-mail her and request it to be returned, but I haven't had any reply from her. Good luck
I rang the NZNC regarding my police certificate and they sent it out the same week, had no problems with it. Maybe you should try that route? Hope it goes well.

Boopy, shall pm you soon, been really busy, just finished my last week of nights at work, and have now just got in after a good night out with friends!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes NC will be closed over the xmas period. The dates are 22nd Dec-4the Jan.
This of course will cause huge problems for some nurses and employers, due to 1/4 of all practising certificates expiring on Dec 31st. We have asked that all nurses with a re newal date of Dec 31 to provide their APC by Dec 12. Until this year, all APC were renewed on 1st April, the system to change to the quarter in which your bithday falls, has quite stumped some nurses.

Do you know if all your references have been sent?

Cheers
Gill
Hi Gill,
Yeah they have all references. I sent application and references off in sept. On Nov 2nd I emailed them in Wellington to clarify that nothing was still outstanding.
That's when I got e mail back stating that they had everything and that I would receive notification and cert through the post. I think I will telephone on Sunday or Monday night.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Gill,
Yeah they have all references. I sent application and references off in sept. On Nov 2nd I emailed them in Wellington to clarify that nothing was still outstanding.
That's when I got e mail back stating that they had everything and that I would receive notification and cert through the post. I think I will telephone on Sunday or Monday night.

Good luck with it all.
Cheers
Gill