Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Midwife no longer on LTSSL

Midwife no longer on LTSSL

Old Mar 24th 2014, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

WhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Midwife no longer on LTSSL

According to NZ Immigration's Facebook page, the list was updated yesterday (today to us in the UK). Following the link to the new list shows that Midwife is no longer there. Bloody typical! I ran through the SMC points thing quickly and thankfully I still have 145 points without the LTSSL (had 175 before). Hoping and praying they don't adjust the goal post for selection from the pool before I get a chance to apply for a visa... still not quite ready yet.

I thought things were all going a bit too smoothly for me...
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Midwife no longer on LTSSL

They had just removed mental health nurse when I was moving over here - still got a SMC visa and a job
Old Mar 25th 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

WhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond reputeWhatToDo82 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just rechecked the SMC points checker thing, and it seems I erroneously selected something on my phone last night. I actually only have 135 points.

Can anyone tell me what they require evidence wise if I were to select 2 years work experience? Which I will sort of have in July, just not quite yet!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

I don't remember producing anything significant - just a cv with a full work history. Does your points include a job offer? Only reason I ask is I had 140 with a job offer as an RN with 10 years experience

If you haven't started I would think about sorting out registration sooner rather than later.

Good luck

KWB
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, the points are based on a job offer. I plan to start the registration with NZMC as soon as I have the signed document from the children's father allowing me to move them to NZ.

Fingers crossed I can go with the 2 years experience then, that will give me 145 points...

I have found today most stressful, that change from being comfortable points wise, to just under or skin of teeth for automatic selection from the pool.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

The removal of midwife from the LTSSL has been on the cards for a couple of years now I'm afraid. Certainly not as many madwife jobs being advertised. But nothing ventured, nothing gained . Good luck.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Just about every draw includes those with 140 points or more (job offer or not) AND also those with 100-135 and points for a job offer.

if you have a job offer then really all you need is 100 pts or more to get selected at the next draw.

Proof of work experience can include: written references from your previous and current employers, contract of employment, tax records, confirmation letters, first and last payslips and anything else you can think of!
Old Mar 25th 2014, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

OK thanks. I am not putting in my EOI until I have a job offer, so hopefully all will be good. Been stress central today and I've tried really hard not to let the kids know about the change. They are both so looking forward to getting over there. I have 135 without experience so probably easier to just going with that... Much of my experience has been on a self employed or gratis basis so very tricky to prove, and I couldn't even begin to prove 2 years worth until July.