Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

moving furniture and car

moving furniture and car

Old Mar 22nd 2014, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

cmcgarvie1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving furniture and car

hi follks ,I was wondering if its worth my while moving my car over aswell as my furniture and household goods ,I've been looking at the price of cars and there so expensive thanks .
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 9:08 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving furniture and car

we moved ours, you will have to pay for inspections, registration, and road tax.

first get it checked out with theaa. to see if it would pass the inspection.

email: [email protected]. and answer these questions. If you copy the text of the questions then put the answers in it you should hear back fairly quickly. The prices quoted were for 2012 so might of gone up a bit.

Can you please tell me:

Make

Model

Type of fuel (petrol/diesel)

Date of first registration

How long you have owned it

Expected port of entry in NZ

Can you also send me a picture of the EC Type approval plate (see attachment) and perhaps a copy of the V5? We are looking for the approval number which starts with the letter “e”. This approval number tells us if your car meets some or hopefully all of the required standards. Once I know what we are dealing with, I can advise you if you need to get more information or evidence.

As an immigrant to NZ, you may meet the criteria for an immigrant exemption. This would allow the entry-certification without having o meet the frontal impact and the emission standard. All other standards have to be met.

For a petrol vehicle allow about NZ$1000 for entry-certification and first registration or about NZ$1400 for a diesel.

Other than de-registering the vehicle and making sure it arrives clean, there is nothing else you really need to do at this stage. You only need to get further evidence for the compliance standards if the car doesn’t have an “e” number.

Make sure you can prove that you own it (receipt, bill of sale) and that it was registered (V5). A V5 with your name on will do for both.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

cmcgarvie1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about electrical goods are uk electrical goods ie, tv washing machine ,fridge freezer,etc etc ,and also we have a good credit rating over here in the uk does it follow you over to nz ie for car finance or a loan or mortgage ,or do you have to start from scratch again .thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 10:48 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we just used adaptors on our electricals.
credit rating means nothing here
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
credit rating means nothing here

I think the general assumption is that since we're all 'cashed-up Poms' we can 'Pass Go and collect $200' zooming straight up to the highest possible credit rating; so you get whatever credit you ask for and more.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

If you do bring, you may have to keep for at least two years.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by snaps
If you do bring, you may have to keep for at least two years.
yes there is a reducing cost if you sale before 2yrs
Old Mar 26th 2014, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Bring everything, white goods, the lot.

Credit rating: nope - you are starting again from scratch, sorry.