Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Men..... in shorts!

Men..... in shorts!

Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:26 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Men..... in shorts!

Originally Posted by Snazishaz
Is it cold here or do i have ice running through me veins, why are people still out wearing shorts teashirts and flip flops. there all nuts
Its OK I'm wearing socks with my flip-flops and drinking coffee so I look really 'sophisticated' .
Old Aug 4th 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Moliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really niceMoliknickers is just really nice
Default Re: Men..... in shorts!

Looking nice makes you feel good, However, new years eve me and OH invited to a party, as i would have done in UK i put on me best dress, hair done, spray tan, nails, the works. Turned up everyone was wearing joggies , hoodies, shorts teashirts. I said omg i am a bit overdressed compared to you lot. I quickly got a lot of funny looks and one said whats that supposed to mean we are dressed. i quickly changed to fit in. This was wrong Right?

Now Im thinking of selling all me designer dresses and clothes from uk on trademe a dont get to wear them, and when i do im frowned upon whats with these people eh!
OMG I did that last new year looked like a dogs dinner!! but proud... Karen Millen Frock and Heels! Hubby said you look amazing darling 'nough for me the other women xcept one Pom mate looked like a bag of S..t!!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 8:47 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

This message has been deleted by Am Loolah. Reason: Thank you but I've got plenty of "hot lingerie" for today.
Now I'm dying to know what was deleted
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Moliknickers
OMG I did that last new year looked like a dogs dinner!! but proud... Karen Millen Frock and Heels! Hubby said you look amazing darling 'nough for me the other women xcept one Pom mate looked like a bag of S..t!!
Nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance. My wife always does (I do sometimes too). “Casual” is fine when it suits the occasion, but to slip into a rut of constantly walking around like you have dressed as an “extra” for a part in "The Hills Have Eyes", well the term clothes maketh’ the man (or woman) is somewhat true. By which I mean if you dress like a slob, you become a slob.
It is funny though, even at corporate level here in Chch, you can be judged less on how you dress or act than which school you or your children have attended.
It’s sort of “etiquette for Billy Bob” mentality.

It is nice to sometimes feel that you can slob out, but when it is the order of the day, I must admit it does make me feel like we have moved into one giant farm yard!
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Also.... Snazishaz, dont do it, don't sell off yer' glad rags darlin..... You might get invited up to a hoedown at t’big house on’t hill one day, then you will have to start a stichin’ them sacks together, less make a darn fool of yourself and ya kinfolk!
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

breward is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it must be a south of equator thing; when growing up in South Africa as an English boy expat I also had the same 'huh' moments. As it normal to go to an air conditioned mall with no shoes on and walk around until the bottom of your feet are black. And also drive around with either no shoes on or flip-flops 'huh'
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:00 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking nice makes you feel good, However, new years eve me and OH invited to a party, as i would have done in UK i put on me best dress, hair done, spray tan, nails, the works. Turned up everyone was wearing joggies , hoodies, shorts teashirts. I said omg i am a bit overdressed compared to you lot. I quickly got a lot of funny looks and one said whats that supposed to mean we are dressed. i quickly changed to fit in. This was wrong Right?

Now Im thinking of selling all me designer dresses and clothes from uk on trademe a dont get to wear them, and when i do im frowned upon whats with these people eh!
I would never change to fit in with people that could care less!

I get looks all the time as I dress up all the time and husband appreciates it that's maybe why I have lots of sex bourbon biscuit!!!!
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:11 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moliknickers
Good for you its nice to take pride in your apperance