Medicals

Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:22 am
The Levy's are coming!!!!

Sal41 will become famous soon enoughSal41 will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals

Hi,
I'm sure this has been done before but I just wanted to ask when you go for the medicals how far back in the family history do they go and do they take into account certain factors i.e heart conditions that other family members suffer from?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

loadsa luv
Sal
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Sal41
Hi,
I'm sure this has been done before but I just wanted to ask when you go for the medicals how far back in the family history do they go and do they take into account certain factors i.e heart conditions that other family members suffer from?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

loadsa luv
Sal
Hi,

you can download the medical form from NZIS website and that gives you a good idea of what they consider...however, it's your health they are looking at not your parents...we certainly wouldn't be here if it was! My family history is bl**** awful!

It's really not that bad at all, me, hubby and daughter all went in together and got examined in front of one another so...shows it's not too bad, height, weight, bloods, eye test and XRays. Do you or anyone going with you have any health problems - if nothing drastic you will be fine...honestly I was worried sick as my waist measurement was a few cms over the acceptable level but my doc said well just breath in when I measure you then! Our daughter has selective mutism so wouldn't read the eye chart and he said I'll go out of the room and let her read it to you, then you can tell me which line she can read up to, so all in all no where near as bad as I had expected!
Debbie
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:19 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi,

you can download the medical form from NZIS website and that gives you a good idea of what they consider...however, it's your health they are looking at not your parents...we certainly wouldn't be here if it was! My family history is bl**** awful!

It's really not that bad at all, me, hubby and daughter all went in together and got examined in front of one another so...shows it's not too bad, height, weight, bloods, eye test and XRays. Do you or anyone going with you have any health problems - if nothing drastic you will be fine...honestly I was worried sick as my waist measurement was a few cms over the acceptable level but my doc said well just breath in when I measure you then! Our daughter has selective mutism so wouldn't read the eye chart and he said I'll go out of the room and let her read it to you, then you can tell me which line she can read up to, so all in all no where near as bad as I had expected!
Debbie

I've just snapped my achilles and am in plaster for the next 3 months. Will this have any impact as it is just a general injury?

And I'm too excited to wait till the plaster is off!!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
I've just snapped my achilles and am in plaster for the next 3 months. Will this have any impact as it is just a general injury?

And I'm too excited to wait till the plaster is off!!
What the hell were you doing then?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:51 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
What the hell were you doing then?
Keeping fit!!!

Gym accident, or as the kids put it.......showing off!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping fit!!!

Gym accident, or as the kids put it.......showing off!
Gym accident or space hopper injury?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Gym accident or space hopper injury?
Jumping off the wardrobe dressed as Batman, really.

But don't tell anyone!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jumping off the wardrobe dressed as Batman, really.

But don't tell anyone!
dunanunnannunnannunnannunnanuna - BATMAN!!!!!

anyway get well soon...
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

can someone tell what male and female waist sizes are acceptable or are there other factors to consider???
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi,

Debbie
Hi Debbie,

Thansk for that info, what was the acceptable waist size? I've not heard of that before, Hubby had atriple bypass last year and has got to have angioplasty on his legs, I've just had a spine op.

I'll have a look at that website

Thanks again
loadsa luv

Sal
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:55 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sal41
Hi Debbie,

Thansk for that info, what was the acceptable waist size? I've not heard of that before, Hubby had atriple bypass last year and has got to have angioplasty on his legs, I've just had a spine op.

I'll have a look at that website

Thanks again
loadsa luv

Sal
Medicals: waist measurements: females over 88cm and males over 102cm will need to have a fasting lipids blood test in addition to all the other blood tests.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Medicals: waist measurements: females over 88cm and males over 102cm will need to have a fasting lipids blood test in addition to all the other blood tests.

Thanks for that

loadsa luv

Sal