British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/medicals-443577/)

Sal41 Apr 20th 2007 8:22 am

Medicals

Hi,
I'm sure this has been done before but I just wanted to ask when you go for the medicals how far back in the family history do they go and do they take into account certain factors i.e heart conditions that other family members suffer from? :confused:

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

loadsa luv
Sal :wub:

phil01 Apr 20th 2007 9:28 am

Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Sal41 (Post 4671376)
Hi,
I'm sure this has been done before but I just wanted to ask when you go for the medicals how far back in the family history do they go and do they take into account certain factors i.e heart conditions that other family members suffer from? :confused:

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

loadsa luv

Hi,

you can download the medical form from NZIS website and that gives you a good idea of what they consider...however, it's your health they are looking at not your parents...we certainly wouldn't be here if it was! My family history is bl**** awful!

It's really not that bad at all, me, hubby and daughter all went in together and got examined in front of one another so...shows it's not too bad, height, weight, bloods, eye test and XRays. Do you or anyone going with you have any health problems - if nothing drastic you will be fine...honestly I was worried sick as my waist measurement was a few cms over the acceptable level but my doc said well just breath in when I measure you then! Our daughter has selective mutism so wouldn't read the eye chart and he said I'll go out of the room and let her read it to you, then you can tell me which line she can read up to, so all in all no where near as bad as I had expected!
Debbie

sirplug Apr 20th 2007 11:19 am

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4671624)
Hi,

you can download the medical form from NZIS website and that gives you a good idea of what they consider...however, it's your health they are looking at not your parents...we certainly wouldn't be here if it was! My family history is bl**** awful!

It's really not that bad at all, me, hubby and daughter all went in together and got examined in front of one another so...shows it's not too bad, height, weight, bloods, eye test and XRays. Do you or anyone going with you have any health problems - if nothing drastic you will be fine...honestly I was worried sick as my waist measurement was a few cms over the acceptable level but my doc said well just breath in when I measure you then! Our daughter has selective mutism so wouldn't read the eye chart and he said I'll go out of the room and let her read it to you, then you can tell me which line she can read up to, so all in all no where near as bad as I had expected!
Debbie

I've just snapped my achilles and am in plaster for the next 3 months. Will this have any impact as it is just a general injury?

And I'm too excited to wait till the plaster is off!!:ohmy:

simonmarkellis Apr 20th 2007 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 4672097)
I've just snapped my achilles and am in plaster for the next 3 months. Will this have any impact as it is just a general injury?

And I'm too excited to wait till the plaster is off!!:ohmy:

What the hell were you doing then?

sirplug Apr 20th 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4672641)
What the hell were you doing then?

Keeping fit!!!

Gym accident, or as the kids put it.......showing off!:o

simonmarkellis Apr 20th 2007 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 4672667)
Keeping fit!!!

Gym accident, or as the kids put it.......showing off!:o

Gym accident or space hopper injury?

sirplug Apr 20th 2007 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4672693)
Gym accident or space hopper injury?

Jumping off the wardrobe dressed as Batman, really.

But don't tell anyone!:thumbup:

simonmarkellis Apr 20th 2007 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 4672704)
Jumping off the wardrobe dressed as Batman, really.

But don't tell anyone!:thumbup:

dunanunnannunnannunnannunnanuna - BATMAN!!!!!

anyway get well soon...

ezzkazz Apr 20th 2007 4:35 pm

can someone tell what male and female waist sizes are acceptable or are there other factors to consider???

Sal41 Apr 20th 2007 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by phil01 (Post 4671624)
Hi,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Thansk for that info, what was the acceptable waist size? I've not heard of that before, Hubby had atriple bypass last year and has got to have angioplasty on his legs, I've just had a spine op.

I'll have a look at that website

Thanks again
loadsa luv

TeamEmbo Apr 20th 2007 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sal41 (Post 4673594)
Hi Debbie,

Thansk for that info, what was the acceptable waist size? I've not heard of that before, Hubby had atriple bypass last year and has got to have angioplasty on his legs, I've just had a spine op.

I'll have a look at that website

Thanks again
loadsa luv

Medicals: waist measurements: females over 88cm and males over 102cm will need to have a fasting lipids blood test in addition to all the other blood tests.

Sal41 Apr 21st 2007 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo (Post 4674842)
Medicals: waist measurements: females over 88cm and males over 102cm will need to have a fasting lipids blood test in addition to all the other blood tests.

Thanks for that

loadsa luv