Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Hi Mandie, Smiler

Yes I was told it would be a 2-3 week delay too. However that proved not to be the case.

... and as for blue stickies... we've still not got them!!

Last email I received stated that we will receive the decision on our application before Christmas (by post). It's all getting very tight now as OH has re-negotiated his work start date to 14th Jan (and no blue stickies means we dare not book flights and... well you all know the rest).

Still looking on the bright side we'll get one more Christmas here with friends and family
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:12 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

It's just a joke isn't it...Don't think i'll be getting there for my children to start school at the end of Jan...lets hope i make the deadline of starting work on 25 Feb

At this rate and by reading what has been said it's gonna be tight
:curse:
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

I'm with you all on this one. The medical assessor has asked for another report which should go off this week. However we did book our flights because we could see how expensive they were getting. Our tickets are for 27 Dec, and I'm due to start work on 7 Jan. Please keep everything crossed and hope to see you all in NZ.

Alison
Old Dec 10th 2007, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

In a previous job I did business process design. I would love to get into the midst of NZIS and see just what is happening there.

It's the most frustrating and invisible process I have come across in many years. :curse:

However today I'm feeling like something good is due. So I'm sending a group hug and a mantra:
"We will get our blue stickies!
We and our loved ones will start work/school on the agreed day.
Life in New Zealand will be wonderful!!"
Repeat 3 times, each morning noon and night.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about

Lol I really like that mantra! I'm going to repeat it daily! :-)

Fingers crossed we all hear something positive SOON!!!

Smiler x
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let anyone interested (!) know, my work permit was authorised over christmas and I start work shortly! Woooooo!

:-)

Any more updates?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Great news smiler

I'm going to phone Immigration today to see whether they've forwarded my report to the assessors.

Alison
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:21 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Yay great news smiler!

Alison, best of luck with that, and fingers crossed!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiler000
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let anyone interested (!) know, my work permit was authorised over christmas and I start work shortly! Woooooo!

:-)

Any more updates?
Glad you got sorted, great way to start the New Year