Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about
Default Medical referral - confused and worried!!

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for a work permit as I've been offered a job, the medical was fine, the only thing that was came up was my cholesterol was up a teensy bit from the norm , but the doctor who did the medical wrote on the form that it wasn't an issue.

However I've just had an email from Immigration saying my case has been referred to a Medical Assessor - I am worried about this, could they decline my application because my cholesterol is up a teensy bit? even if the immigration doctor I went to wrote that it wouldnt be a problem?

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience?!

Help!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical referral - confused and worried!!

The exact same thing came up with my hubby too on his Medicals in August! DON'T worry ... it's nothing and you won't be declined because of it. Hubby's was 5.5 and Immigration like it at 5, Dr's said this was normal and is nothing to worry about at all. We got the same letter 'significant finding' and thought they had found something really wrong with him and panicked for a whole weekend. They have to pass it on and doesn't take too long to sort out.

Breathe again and just wait for you visa to come back all nice and blue

Michelle
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:59 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smiler000
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for a work permit as I've been offered a job, the medical was fine, the only thing that was came up was my cholesterol was up a teensy bit from the norm , but the doctor who did the medical wrote on the form that it wasn't an issue.

However I've just had an email from Immigration saying my case has been referred to a Medical Assessor - I am worried about this, could they decline my application because my cholesterol is up a teensy bit? even if the immigration doctor I went to wrote that it wouldnt be a problem?

Help!!!

Like Michelle said, try not to worry and it will sort itself out. Karma for your worries
Karen X
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

smiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura aboutsmiler000 has a spectacular aura about

Oh thank you guys! That is so much help!

Its been pretty hard since I've been here, my police certifiicate went AWOL between the UK and NZ and took three weeks for another one to get here, then there was a problem when I put my application in, and now this!

I'm here on my own which makes it hard - though my employer (fingers crossed if it all works out!) has been super supportive, it would have been so nice to have someone else out here with me - so thanks for the support and helping me out, it's really appreciated!!!

xxxxxxxx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:12 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thank you guys! That is so much help!

Its been pretty hard since I've been here, my police certifiicate went AWOL between the UK and NZ and took three weeks for another one to get here, then there was a problem when I put my application in, and now this!

I'm here on my own which makes it hard - though my employer (fingers crossed if it all works out!) has been super supportive, it would have been so nice to have someone else out here with me - so thanks for the support and helping me out, it's really appreciated!!!

xxxxxxxx
Where are you based? The expats from this forum have been a tremendous support to me recently and just meeting up with someone who knows what you are going through is a great help
KAREN X
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

hey there,

I'm based in Auckland, staying near the CBD.

How is it going with you?

x
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 10:00 pm
conquering the world!

hey there,

I'm based in Auckland, staying near the CBD.

How is it going with you?

x
I'm good, thank you. Just moved to Whitby, the sun is shining and I don't start work until next Monday Glad to have some time just to kick back and do nothing, need it after the past few weeks
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:39 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Help!!!
I know how you feel as we're going through similar...

My eldest had some bloods taken...the panel dr thought they were fine so we sent the report to immigration...they wanted them repeated...we had them repeated...they came back almost perfect with only one test slightly raised...my gp wrote to immigration and said it was fine, he'd even spoke to a haematologist who said results were fine, this was all put down in a letter to immigration...now my CO is speaking to his supervisor about getting the case referred...*'curse'*

what's the point in getting these doctors to ok the medicals and back it up with letters if it's gonna be ignored anyway by pen pushers...seems a waste of money to me for the info to be ignored:curse:

they're also considering the same for youngest who has a heart murmur that is so tiny that even some doctors can't hear it...she's also be discharged from hospital care a 18 months ago...this has all been put down in a letter but this seems to be ignored as well:curse:

Annoying thing is i wanted to be left the uk by about the 6th jan to get to nz in time to rent a house, furnish house and get girls enrolled into school before new school year starts...that prob won't happen now:curse::curse:

good luck and hope you get it sorted soon
Mandie
Old Dec 6th 2007, 2:09 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
I know how you feel as we're going through similar...

My eldest had some bloods taken...the panel dr thought they were fine so we sent the report to immigration...they wanted them repeated...we had them repeated...they came back almost perfect with only one test slightly raised...my gp wrote to immigration and said it was fine, he'd even spoke to a haematologist who said results were fine, this was all put down in a letter to immigration...now my CO is speaking to his supervisor about getting the case referred...*'curse'*

what's the point in getting these doctors to ok the medicals and back it up with letters if it's gonna be ignored anyway by pen pushers...seems a waste of money to me for the info to be ignored:curse:

they're also considering the same for youngest who has a heart murmur that is so tiny that even some doctors can't hear it...she's also be discharged from hospital care a 18 months ago...this has all been put down in a letter but this seems to be ignored as well:curse:

Annoying thing is i wanted to be left the uk by about the 6th jan to get to nz in time to rent a house, furnish house and get girls enrolled into school before new school year starts...that prob won't happen now:curse::curse:

good luck and hope you get it sorted soon
Mandie

Mandie

Does your CO have a boss??? Might be worth asking for a 2nd opinion on your application or even asking your DHB to chase your application on your behalf. Anything worth a go hun
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:14 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Mandie

Does your CO have a boss??? Might be worth asking for a 2nd opinion on your application or even asking your DHB to chase your application on your behalf. Anything worth a go hun
CO asking bosses advice...it's laughable though as 2 medical PROFESSIONALS have given it the all clear, but that's still not enough

will send you a pm
luv Mandie x
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Hi Mandie

You have my heartfelt sympathy.... having recently gone through a similar experience because of a cholesterol level of 5.2 (0.2 above prescribed norm).

I was frustrated, upset, angry, tearful, manic and every other emotion mixed in. :curse: It took 5 weeks for the medical assessor to give the "all clear" to my medical report (received last week).

What I learned from this was that there is no way of pushing things through the laborious NZIS process. OH's NZ employer and a contact in the NZ Embassy in London had no effect. Things will just take as long as they do. The good news is that whilst they are very thorough, they do seem to be able to distinguish minor medical concerns from major ones. Therefore I'm sure all will be fine for you.... eventually.

Chin up. We're all there with you!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:23 pm
aka Mandie.H

Originally Posted by Izzy and Ian
Hi Mandie

You have my heartfelt sympathy.... having recently gone through a similar experience because of a cholesterol level of 5.2 (0.2 above prescribed norm).

I was frustrated, upset, angry, tearful, manic and every other emotion mixed in. :curse: It took 5 weeks for the medical assessor to give the "all clear" to my medical report (received last week).

What I learned from this was that there is no way of pushing things through the laborious NZIS process. OH's NZ employer and a contact in the NZ Embassy in London had no effect. Things will just take as long as they do. The good news is that whilst they are very thorough, they do seem to be able to distinguish minor medical concerns from major ones. Therefore I'm sure all will be fine for you.... eventually.

Chin up. We're all there with you!
5 weeksso how long till you get your blue stickies in you passport?

where are you heading?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Five weeks! The email I got said it would take three weeks, bleugh! And as things seem to effectively shut down here over christmas...

Oh well! I'll hopefully be starting job in the New Year then!!

Sorry to hear about your probs Mandie - I hope it works out soon for you. Let us know how you get on will you?

xxxxx
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Five weeks! The email I got said it would take three weeks, bleugh! And as things seem to effectively shut down here over christmas...

Oh well! I'll hopefully be starting job in the New Year then!!

Sorry to hear about your probs Mandie - I hope it works out soon for you. Let us know how you get on will you?

xxxxx
Actually NZIS seem to keep going over Xmas. We were selected last year on 20 December and received our ITA on 28th December, so fingers crossed that they actually catch up with some of those applications.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Oh wow thats great!!! Thanks guys! My company is closed over christmas til 8th Jan tho, so I'm still going to get a long break! ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.