Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The McCann's again

The McCann's again

Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The McCann's again

Oopppss on the paste above........now deleted by Bev

The NZ story has come directly from the Sunday Mail itself it would seem...

Sunday Mail story
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:07 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't you noticed that every time the McCanns make a step forward and raise the profile of the case the Portuguese police leak something that threatens their continued liberty. This is all about them saving face.

The police made a balls up of the early stages of the investigation and forensic evidence was either contaminated or not taken soon enough. To prevent the McCanns speaking out about this they were made official suspects and similar threats have been made against their friends.

Not only would a film keep the dwindling Find Madeleine fund solvent but it also gvies the McCanns a chance to tell their side of the story without falling foul of a Portuguese legal system which seeks to silence them.

If there was any real evidence to prove their guilt they would have been charged long before now. They are presumed innocent until proved guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. Not be subjected to trial by press.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

liziwe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wimpy
The McCanns only crime was being negligent in there care for Maddie, there is not a chance in a million that this is down to them.
The Portuguese police have been pathetic since day one with the investigation. I know they are a professional couple but there is no way that one or both of them would have cracked up with the pressure had they done it.
You never know....

Just because the Mccans are professionals doesn't make them immune to temper outbursts - probably more prone with the pressures of their jobs...

Maybe it was an accident and they panicked and it there was no turning back, or maybe they ARE innocent............
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

I hope and pray they arent involved. I really dont think they are.................but like everyone else have been swayed when the headlines have been against them.

Unfortunately this is just one of many stories being leaked here just now and I would say the press are still 50/50 on their guilt.
The big story last week was that two witnesses are 100% that Murat was at the complex shortly before the crime. They gave statements at the time.

I personally believe that the stories being 'leaked' are disgusting and distressing for her family (and by that I also mean grandparents etc..) and if the MCcanns are innocent (and yes they have been seriously negligent) many people, police, journalists etc............should hold their heads in shame.

I believe that a lot of these leaked nonsense stories have not helped anyone ................. other than the person selling the story, the journalists gaining monthly bonus and the huge fat cat newspaper tycoons selling trillions of papers.

I know the McCanns behavior is unusual to say the least but in itself does not make them guilty.

A couple of people that spring to mind who also at times looked unmoved when facing huge allegations were Louise Woodward (british nanny involved in alleged baby shaking scandal in America) her demeanor definitely went against her (just to update in 2007 Dr Patrick Barnes the prosecutions chief medical witness has reversed his evidence and now agrees with the defence that the babys injuries could have been caused by an old injury and if this incident happened today science would infact exonerate Louise)

another being JonBennett (child beauty queen) who was murdered 6 years ago...............her parents were hung out to dry by the media and the police also bungled the scenes of crime. I believe a 46 year old pervert in Thailand has been charged with murder. (the poor girls mother died of cancer still with a shadow of guilt hanging over her.

I hope as a mother..............that the McCanns are innocent.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Ditto Jill...I hope they are innocent...but yes they were negligent in the care of their child...professional couple or not!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:20 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

With the McCanns, everyone has their opinion so here's mine Personally, I've smelt a rat right from the start. I think they gave her an accidental dose of something to knock her out (lack of babysitter etc.) and she never woke up. Her blood being found in the car they rented 4 weeks later does seem to rather point towards their guilt.

But found guilty or not, they're frigging lousy parents for leaving their kids like that to begin with. Utterly despicable.

Originally Posted by jill1420
another being JonBennett (child beauty queen) who was murdered 6 years ago...............her parents were hung out to dry by the media and the police also bungled the scenes of crime. I believe a 46 year old pervert in Thailand has been charged with murder. (the poor girls mother died of cancer still with a shadow of guilt hanging over her.
Actually John Mark Carr, the guy in Thailand, just wanted publicity. He's completely innocent, wasn't even in the country, I don't think, when JonBenet was murdered. He needs psychiatric help...

Last edited by Maz; Jan 8th 2008 at 11:21 pm. Reason: corrected the quotation containers
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Actually John Mark Carr, the guy in Thailand, just wanted publicity. He's completely innocent, wasn't even in the country, I don't think, when JonBenet was murdered. He needs psychiatric help...
Completely correct he had nothing whatsoever to do with the killing and its been proved by DNA testing and witnesses who put him elsewhere in the USA at the time of the murder..... the case against him has been dropped and widely criticised for the way it was all handled.

Google him and there is plenty of content detailing his fantasist role in the case including an account of how he thought a movie would be made of his involvement in the matter with him being played by Johnny Depp..

The thoughts of many it seems, are that he was caught, even wrongly, just in time as its believed he would have gone on to kill for real.

Ramsey case

Last edited by teambwr47; Jan 8th 2008 at 11:39 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:41 am
Account Closed

liziwe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Completely correct he had nothing whatsoever to do with the killing and its been proved by DNA testing and witnesses who put him elsewhere in the USA at the time of the murder..... the case against him has been dropped and widely criticised for the way it was all handled.

Google him and there is plenty of content detailing his fantasist role in the case including an account of how he thought a movie would be made of his involvement in the matter with him being played by Johnny Depp..

The thoughts of many it seems, are that he was caught, even wrongly, just in time as its believed he would have gone on to kill for real.

Ramsey case
Aaaah the Ramsey case... I read a book by a newspaper reporter from their little hometown who suspected the mother all along.
The problem was that the family were extremely wealthy, owned a majority of the businesses were respected by the cops, so much so that the police didn't inspect the house until about 24 hrs after (to give them the peace they asked for)!!!
A lot could have been covered up by the family then.

The reporter interviewed a lot more people than the police did when I read the book it showed how very demanding the mother was. She never made it as a beauty queen so was determined her daughter would be.
The gardener seemed to be Jonbenet's only friend and she would often tell him she wished her mummy would let her be a normal girl.

She also used to wet and soil herself continuously....signs of stress.

There's much more evidence and the only reason that man was arrested was because the mother was dying of cancer and the cops wanted her to see someone blamed.

I know this has nothing to do with the Mccans but if you read books of past child murders, approx. 70% are committed by family.

That's probably why I had my doubts about the Mccans.

I know we're all British and it's good to stick together, maybe not on this occasion.
And if they are guilty I hope they appologise to the Pope.

I know this has nothing to do with the Mccans
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

And if they are guilty I hope they appologise to the Pope.

And will he forgive them?

Forgiveness and faith are amazing things........................but in this case.............in my opinion (if they are guilty) if is way beyond apologies...............in any case they poor grandparents should be first in line for apologies.

Apologies would have been acceptable if this has been an unfortunate accident. Because of the media circus its too late for apologies.

If their faith allows them to believe that when they are ready and if they say sorry they will be forgiven then....................................Im sorry, I just cannot accept that.

Im a forgiving person with faith in a loving family but I know my parents would NEVER forgive me.

But as I said earlier.................I hope they are innocent.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:36 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
They are presumed innocent until proved guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. Not be subjected to trial by press.

I agree. I also think they're innocent. Or rather I can't think for a second that they might be guilty.

Maz has an interesting theory though. And I could see how in panic a friend may suggest 'making it look like abduction'.

What I have always found weird is why only one child was taken when there were three in the room, especially since there has been no/little mention of the perpertrator being disturbed in the room.

And as others have mentioned, I find the parents behaviour bizarre. From their incredibly controlled and vacant, expressionless interviews and a lot of stuff surrounding their campaign for finding their daughter. Worryingly, I find their pleas for Maddie's safe return quite insincere (which I know I shouldn't even admit. However they sometimes upset me because I think about how I would feel in their shoes.) Maybe its very high strength sedative medication? The other cases mentioned just do not compare IMO. I appreciate the parents are devastated beyond my comprehension since whatever happened that night, this is every parents worse nightmare.

And none of this makes them guilty.

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Jan 9th 2008 at 8:40 am.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
With the McCanns, everyone has their opinion so here's mine Personally, I've smelt a rat right from the start.
Come on..............they are innocent until proven guilty.

All this he said she says it crap!

Do they look like the "type" of people who would drug and murder there child!

They went for something to eat at the bottom of the hotel which was from memory 4 stories high and they were on the 2nd story, 30 seconds away. It was not a taxi ride away or a 1/4 of an hour walk.
How many of us as parents have left our kids in the car when we fill up and pay for petrol, if someone steals the car, well then our names would be smeared over the front of the paper as bad parents. Or nipped next door for a quick coffee while babs was having a nap! Same thing!
People are too quick to be judge, jury and executioner.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I don't think anyone presumes they murdered her, the current thoery suggests they either OD'd her on a sedative, or she had a bad reaction to one. Please note I said 'theory'.

Something i'm not going to go into, but is relevant to this case is I know a couple in which the mother is a doctor, and they *have* used sedatives on their children before (usually long car journeys). I was shocked by this, but it seems it isn't a totally uncommon thing to occur.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:03 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Come on..............they are innocent until proven guilty.

All this he said she says it crap!

They went for something to eat at the bottom of the hotel which was from memory 4 stories high and they were on the 2nd story, 30 seconds away. It was not a taxi ride away or a 1/4 of an hour walk.
How many of us as parents have left our kids in the car when we fill up and pay for petrol, if someone steals the car, well then our names would be smeared over the front of the paper as bad parents. Or nipped next door for a quick coffee while babs was having a nap! Same thing!
People are too quick to be judge, jury and executioner.
Yet again, you missed (on purpose, I'm beginning to think) that I stressed it was my opinion. I''ve always paid for my petrol at the pump (here I'm either alone, or kid comes with me) and hell no I've never left my sleeping child alone in the house while I've gone next door for whatever. I'm not a perfect parent, but I'm not stupid either.

Please do post a photo of the "type" of people who would murder their own child, do please! I'd be very interested to see what you have to look like, to give an accidental overdose to a child. Dare ya.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:04 am

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. What do these murderers look like?

You could buy the whole of Australia with such a talent in this field.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:18 am

How many of us as parents have left our kids in the car when we fill up and pay for petrol

Or nipped next door for a quick coffee while babs was having a nap! Same thing!

I have. But I lock it. And still watch it continuously. I would never leave them in it unlocked for exactly the reason you mention.

Popping next door - get real. Nothing better to do Ian? You should spend more time getting to know your wife/the fairer sex.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.