British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Matamata ????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/matamata-461117/)

Am Loolah Jun 26th 2007 10:43 pm

Re: Matamata ?????

Originally Posted by maysie (Post 4972931)
when we arrived in Jan 2006 I had an interview in matamata lined up (we came over here jobless and took a gamble) we new we wanted to live in Tauranga so based ourselves here and then just went looking for work. The only time I went to matamata was for the interview and for a day to look around and it certainly wasnt for us. Too quiet, too rural and definately not for us.. we had set our hearts on living near to the beach and we stuck to that and then found work within a few weeks. We have been here ever since and the lifestyle here has far exceeded our expectations. There is so much work here but people want to see you face to face.

good luck and PM me if you want

Rich

I would agree with Mount/Papamoa/Tauranga area, there's plenty of work and opportunities here, to help research the area look at www.priorityone.co.nz and you can join their email list for all the jobs advertised in the Bay of Plenty times, useful to get an idea and build up a few contacts.:thumbsup:

Boopy Jun 27th 2007 7:28 am

Originally Posted by weebossyboots (Post 4970715)

Oh, yeah, there are earthquakes all over NZ. I don't know about there being 3-5 a day. i felt one the whole time I was there and it just felt like a lorry driving passed - nothing more.

They have baby ones, between 2 -3 on the Richter scale.

maysie Jun 27th 2007 8:00 am

If you contact a lady called Gail Elliot at priority one she may be able to help with employment and for you to settle in to the Tauranga area. Priority one are a dedicated company who are looking to grow the area both economicaly and socialy and have links into many companies who are members of the priority one group.

her e mail is [email protected]

hope this helps

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4973126)
I would agree with Mount/Papamoa/Tauranga area, there's plenty of work and opportunities here, to help research the area look at www.priorityone.co.nz and you can join their email list for all the jobs advertised in the Bay of Plenty times, useful to get an idea and build up a few contacts.:thumbsup:

Way ahead of you for once.........LOL
Gail emails me weekily with the latest employment opportunities. I actually recieved an email from her this morning telling me that the salary is a bit low and I should look elsewhere, so AmLoolah, get house finding for me as we are coming over.
<shouts from the rooftops>
WE SOLD THE HOUSE LAST NIGHT
WooooHoooooo

Nici

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by maysie (Post 4972931)
when we arrived in Jan 2006 I had an interview in matamata lined up (we came over here jobless and took a gamble) we new we wanted to live in Tauranga so based ourselves here and then just went looking for work. The only time I went to matamata was for the interview and for a day to look around and it certainly wasnt for us. Too quiet, too rural and definately not for us.. we had set our hearts on living near to the beach and we stuck to that and then found work within a few weeks. We have been here ever since and the lifestyle here has far exceeded our expectations. There is so much work here but people want to see you face to face.

good luck and PM me if you want

Rich

You may have to be the next family we can turn up at with our tents :rofl::rofl:

Nici

maysie Jun 27th 2007 8:51 am

when are you planning on coming over? what sort of work are you looking for? what sort of house are you after?

on the priority one website there are links to employment agencies in the area. If you go on to Taylor Graham Associates and contact a lady called Olivia she is great, she found me my job and we have remained in contact since.

Where abouts in essex are you from?

think thats enough questions from me now!!!!

well done on selling your house too

Am Loolah Jun 27th 2007 8:53 am

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 4974553)
Way ahead of you for once.........LOL
Gail emails me weekily with the latest employment opportunities. I actually recieved an email from her this morning telling me that the salary is a bit low and I should look elsewhere, so AmLoolah, get house finding for me as we are coming over.
<shouts from the rooftops>
WE SOLD THE HOUSE LAST NIGHT
WooooHoooooo

Nici

Yay, that's great news, what a result!:thumbsup: have you started packing yet?!

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 9:38 am

Originally Posted by maysie (Post 4974626)
when are you planning on coming over? what sort of work are you looking for? what sort of house are you after?

on the priority one website there are links to employment agencies in the area. If you go on to Taylor Graham Associates and contact a lady called Olivia she is great, she found me my job and we have remained in contact since.

Where abouts in essex are you from?

think thats enough questions from me now!!!!

well done on selling your house too

We are right near the Lakeside shopping centre about 20 mins away.

Should be with you lot without fail in Jan '08 as the family want us to stay for xmas. We will need a HUGE place with all my brood and I do like to entertain so considering one of them Home & Income places so people can come stay with us when we party. Will probably look at around £150000 max.

So are the grounds ok for my tent then ???

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4974633)
Yay, that's great news, what a result!:thumbsup: have you started packing yet?!

Look AmLoolah, I promise to bring the bolly, don't rush me girl. :rofl::p

RADI Jun 27th 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by ceri75 (Post 4965723)
HOBBITON !!!:thumbsup:

$16.50 an hour is piss poor .I woulld not get out of bed for less than $27 + per hour .And I dont .They have to pay for experience here and if they dont
just leave and go elsewhere I did.Sorry but saw on a post from earler and just replied .
Still dont work for peanuts thats for monkeys commonly known as ? .

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 10:14 am

Originally Posted by RADI (Post 4974997)
$16.50 an hour is piss poor .I woulld not get out of bed for less than $27 + per hour .And I dont .They have to pay for experience here and if they dont
just leave and go elsewhere I did.Sorry but saw on a post from earler and just replied .
Still dont work for peanuts thats for monkeys commonly known as ? .

Yeah but for a truckie??????
What do you think?

Am Loolah Jun 27th 2007 10:17 am

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 4975093)
Yeah but for a truckie??????
What do you think?

Hey, $10 Tauranga has just become $11 Tauranga!!!!:thumbsup::sneaky:

I wouldn't have a clue what truckies should be earning, I earn nothing (yet, week 2) and I get out of bed!!:o

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4975105)
Hey, $10 Tauranga has just become $11 Tauranga!!!!:thumbsup::sneaky:

I wouldn't have a clue what truckies should be earning, I earn nothing (yet, week 2) and I get out of bed!!:o

OH gets all my money here so I always get out of bed for nothing.......and in it :rofl: lmao

Am Loolah Jun 27th 2007 10:20 am

Originally Posted by kato33 (Post 4975119)
OH gets all my money here so I always get out of bed for nothing.......and in it :rofl: lmao

Lady (used in the loosest sense ...) you need to re-negotiate!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kato33 Jun 27th 2007 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4975131)
Lady (used in the loosest sense ...) you need to re-negotiate!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You got me spot on there AmLoolah

Loose..........thats me!!