Reload this Page >

many more questions...

many more questions...

Old Aug 8th 2005, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

hippychick is on a distinguished road
Smile many more questions...

Hi again,

We are hoping to move to NZ in about 5 1/2 yrs time (feels like a lifetime away!) when my husband has finished in the RAF. By then I will be a qualified midwife with several years experience. I am reasonably confident that we will be accepted due to our professions, but I would like to know (cos I like to plan ahead!!) when would be the ideal time to set the ball rolling?

Can anyone tell me how long the general emigration process is, or does this vary from case to case? Also I know it can be expensive - but how much in total, and how much for things like medicals?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Hippychick xx
Old Aug 8th 2005, 5:48 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: many more questions...

Originally Posted by hippychick
Hi again,

We are hoping to move to NZ in about 5 1/2 yrs time (feels like a lifetime away!) when my husband has finished in the RAF. By then I will be a qualified midwife with several years experience. I am reasonably confident that we will be accepted due to our professions, but I would like to know (cos I like to plan ahead!!) when would be the ideal time to set the ball rolling?

Can anyone tell me how long the general emigration process is, or does this vary from case to case? Also I know it can be expensive - but how much in total, and how much for things like medicals?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Hippychick xx
Ours took 3 months to get the PR stickers in our passports We went by the skilled migrant category.
Trying to remember how much everything cost - and my minds gone blank! Wonder why??
it was £125 each for the medicals and £68 for the x rays (pre change of medical requirements thats happening in November)Varies from place to place.
Eoi $315
£10 per police check
ITA £520
Migrant levy £115 per person

then youve got shipping etc to add on!

AH the joys!!!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Ours took 3 months to get the PR stickers in our passports We went by the skilled migrant category.
Trying to remember how much everything cost - and my minds gone blank! Wonder why??
it was £125 each for the medicals and £68 for the x rays (pre change of medical requirements thats happening in November)Varies from place to place.
Eoi $315
£10 per police check
ITA £520
Migrant levy £115 per person

then youve got shipping etc to add on!

AH the joys!!!
Don't forget all the little extra's like, postage, getting certified copies, qualifications assessments, registration ( although not sure if midwifes would have to register).

On the whole people have said including flight's, somewhere in the region of £8-12000, should get you, your family and all your belongings there. :scared:
Not sure how much difference the new medicals will make.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 6:58 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Don't forget all the little extra's like, postage, getting certified copies, qualifications assessments, registration ( although not sure if midwifes would have to register).

On the whole people have said including flight's, somewhere in the region of £8-12000, should get you, your family and all your belongings there. :scared:
Not sure how much difference the new medicals will make.
Completely agree - when we worked the lot out it was nearer the £12,000 - we had budgeted on £10,000 so it came in a little over.