Web add?

Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

grimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the rough
Default Web add?

Hope this doesn't sound too blonde, but I can't find the web sites for crown and pss to get quotes for shipping.
Anyone help me please?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web add?

Originally Posted by grimm
Hope this doesn't sound too blonde, but I can't find the web sites for crown and pss to get quotes for shipping.
Anyone help me please?
Hi Grimm

This is the add for Crown... http://www.crownrelo.com/web/relo.nsf/index.htm

and this is the one for PSS... http://www.pss.uk.com/

Old Aug 8th 2005, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

grimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the rough
Default shipping costs

Holy cow, Crown want £4500 to ship 20ft container to Auckland.
That sounds expensive?
Everyone seems to get quotes for aout £3k
Are we going wrong somewhere?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 4:05 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping costs

Originally Posted by grimm
Holy cow, Crown want £4500 to ship 20ft container to Auckland.
That sounds expensive?
Everyone seems to get quotes for aout £3k
Are we going wrong somewhere?
our quote from crown for a 20ft is £3900 - the quotes went up a wee while ago so those with lower quotes could have got them a while ago. Also ours is from Scotland to way up North in NZ so this will have made it a bit more.
We had several companies round and this wasnt quite the best quote (but they have given us a substantial discount on the insurance, so its worth asking)
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Hi.
We had three quotes. PSS came in at £3400, Britannia came in at £3200 and Crown came in at £3900, for shipping from Manchester to Auckland, all for a 20 ft container at 930 cubic ft. Crown phoned us a few days later to ask what we thought of their price. We told them it was a little high in comparison to the others. They apologised and sent us a new quote at £3400! I guess what I'm saying is you can negotiate better terms for your removal.

So guess what! We booked Crown on 4th August and we move out on 31st August!

NZ here we come!

Good luck!

Cathy.x
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:43 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nivlem
Hi.
We had three quotes. PSS came in at £3400, Britannia came in at £3200 and Crown came in at £3900, for shipping from Manchester to Auckland, all for a 20 ft container at 930 cubic ft. Crown phoned us a few days later to ask what we thought of their price. We told them it was a little high in comparison to the others. They apologised and sent us a new quote at £3400! I guess what I'm saying is you can negotiate better terms for your removal.

So guess what! We booked Crown on 4th August and we move out on 31st August!

NZ here we come!

Good luck!

Cathy.x
I make that 23 sleeps - if you can sleep that is! How organised are you, do you feel ready both practically and emotionally? I can't imagine us in 4 weeks, when we'll be in your position.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bookemjano
I make that 23 sleeps - if you can sleep that is! How organised are you, do you feel ready both practically and emotionally? I can't imagine us in 4 weeks, when we'll be in your position.

OOOOOPPPPSSS! Sorry Jan!
I should have said we are moving out of our house on 31st! We are gonna stay at my mums and have a holiday after that.
23 sleeps! Hah! Fat chance! It really creeps up on you you know! One minute you think you have loads of time, the next you're almost off!
We haven't even got visas yet! :scared:
We're gonna go the same way as you Jan if we don't get them but leave the stuff in storage
Leaving our house and job (handed my notice in last week! ) will be and is already very sad, but we can't wait to start our new life.
Lots of sorting, giving to friends and family and seeing my beloved garden leave in bits and pieces in the back of cars is completely messing up my cool, calm and collected state of mind!
Not even had much chance to get on here that often recently!
Oh well, all in a good cause eh?
Does anyone want any plant pots?

Love Cathy. x