Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mandatory Vaccines

Mandatory Vaccines

Old Oct 14th 2021, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mandatory Vaccines

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
thats a good way to look at it, but I don't think it just the older teachers but all of them. Long Covid is still a thing for breakthrough infections
You got to start looking at it different thou.
You cant keep looking at it like the kiwi way forever or you won't leave the house for the next few years.
The vax only reduces the rate of infections. the numbers will still explode weather anti vaxers get vaxxed or not.
The big thing for me with the vax is it reduces your chances of becoming seriously sick.
The case numbers are irrelevant now it's keeping hospitalizations as low as possible that's the main priority which is why the vax is important.
I know loads of people that are double vaxed and had the virus. alot of it is coming from schools and bringing the virus home. They have all just had mild symptoms. head aches coughs and cold symptoms.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv5116
You cant keep looking at it like the kiwi way forever or you won't leave the house for the next few years.
I think I read somewhere that's part of the govt strategy for lowering house prices 😉
Old Oct 14th 2021, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
I think I read somewhere that's part of the govt strategy for lowering house prices 😉
Only way house prices will come down is if jacinda grows a pair of bollocks with the Chinese.
Can't see it thou way things are heading NZ are scared to say or do anything to upset Xi Jinping
Old Oct 14th 2021, 10:12 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Since January it has been widely acknowledged by the scientific community that Covid-19 would become endemic in human populations. That included the human population in New Zealand. This was absolutely inevitable as an outcome, in the next phase cases and deaths will rise rapidly among those who remain unvaccinated. In many ways rising cases are actually a sign of progress as cases burn through the available unvaccinated population. Finally there will be an equilibrium found where some background rate of people will die of Covid-19, likely mostly among the very elderly, and it will be viewed as akin to any other flu virus.

We have delayed and mitigated the pandemic but now we must accept a move through the pandemic and on to some sense of normality in coming years.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Good to finally to see all the leading pollies finally putting aside the tit for tat and putting out a joint message and getting behind 'Super Saturday'.

I have had my two jabs worth but still feeling quite hyped and excited for all those that will be getting theirs tomorrow - I think it's what's needed to lift the mood a little and hopefully they will get a good turnout.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Oct 15th 2021 at 6:06 am.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Only way house prices will come down is if jacinda grows a pair of bollocks with the Chinese.
Can't see it thou way things are heading NZ are scared to say or do anything to upset Xi Jinping
For many many kiwis, their home or 2nd home, is their pension scheme.
Despite all the arm waving, no govt is going to make any serious efforts to drop prices as it will be seen as a personal attack of someone's future financial wellbeing.
"Sorry mate, because of our policies, you've just lost 250k from your investment" is political suicide
Old Oct 15th 2021, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The Super Saturday 'Vaxathon' is on and regular updates on numbers shows already more than 18600 shots in arms as at 10.15 am.

I reckon they'll easily get more than 200,000 today

Old Oct 16th 2021, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Justcol
For many many kiwis, their home or 2nd home, is their pension scheme.
Despite all the arm waving, no govt is going to make any serious efforts to drop prices as it will be seen as a personal attack of someone's future financial wellbeing.
"Sorry mate, because of our policies, you've just lost 250k from your investment" is political suicide
What do you think auld Peter and Patricia or William and Margaret house and batch they bought 30 or 40 years ago is propping up NZ property market.
No chance
If foreign investments stopped the market would crash n burn.
Old Oct 16th 2021, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

What do you think auld Peter and Patricia or William and Margaret house and batch they bought 30 or 40 years ago is propping up NZ property market.
No chance
If foreign investments stopped the market would crash n burn.
I guess around 1 in 3 of everyone I know have at least a second home, some have more. Not a crappy batch, a home. That's a pretty sizable chunk of real estate