Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

MAF standing order re: UK

MAF standing order re: UK

Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default MAF standing order re: UK

Just been trying to resolve the issue of our crate not being inspected at our new rental and been told by MAF in Auckland that there is a 'standing order' in MAF at present regarding shipments from the UK due to the Foot and Mouth outbreaks and BlueTongue disease.

This is resulting in containers being inspected at depots/port etc prior to sending them to houses. Not 100% sure if this is every house or just those that fall into a 'rural' delivery.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MAF standing order re: UK

Hiya... I hadnt thought of that! I wonder how they will handle it.

Have you sorted out somewhere to live now?

SarahB
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hiya... I hadnt thought of that! I wonder how they will handle it.

Have you sorted out somewhere to live now?

SarahB

Yes at last.......we signed for a house today.....a chance drive into Beachlands Barfoot office about 4 weeks ago has led us to renting in Whitford not far from the golf course which is handy for me and the Father in law when he visits....

The house was not in the paper or on the net and we were on the list of the agent waiting for the right house to come up.

We wanted a house in Kawakawa bay but it didn't happen and having found this place to be honest i think Kawakawa is just to far out distance and time wise.

We also looked in Pine harbour at a nice rental (current tenants were brits who have to go back to the UK at short notice) but the house on some land was the choice in the end and we've found a nice one.

Our youngest daughter has now started in the Whitford nursery so its all falling into place. The house is in ideal location to be honest for the rural feel but also close for the nursery etc which is on the road to the city where my wife works.

Can't wait to get in now....get the keys on the 13th but i'm in OZ when my wife gets the keys

Last edited by teambwr47; Sep 26th 2007 at 10:54 am.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Yes at last.......we signed for a house today.....a chance drive into Beachlands Barfoot office about 4 weeks ago has led us to renting in Whitford not far from the golf course which is handy for me and the Father in law when he visits....

We wanted a house in Kawakawa bay but it didn't happen and having found this place to be honest i think Kawakawa is just to far out distance and time wise.

We also looked in Pine harbour at a nice rental (current tenants were brits who have to go back to the UK at short notice) but the house on some land was the choice in the end and we've found a nice one.

Our youngest daughter has now started in the Whitford nursery so its all falling into place. The house is in ideal location to be honest for the rural feel but also close for the nursery etc which is on the road to the city where my wife works.

Can't wait to get in now....get the keys on the 13th but i'm in OZ when my wife gets the keys
Thats all good for you then. Whitford seems very nice... apart from the lady at the petrol station who is a miserable so and so.... hehe, youll soon know who I mean!!

Was it Dale you spoke to in the B and F office??

My horse is on Clifton Peninsular (Id love to live there...but, maybe in my dreams!)... and I ride round the mangroves down near Whitford. (when he isnt chucking me off!)

Some of my friends kids go to Whitford nursery and kindy....they all love it!

We have friends in Pine Harbour who are going back to the UK next week... I bumped into her last weekend and got a shock when they said they were leaving to go back to the UK for good. But it wouldnt have been their house you looked at as they sold it in 2 days. Shes never quite felt settled here although she loved Beachlands, but they gave it a go for 2 years, at least they feel happy now they have made their decision.

Ive been down at Omana beach today, it felt so warm in the sun, it was lovely.....trying to top up my non existant tan!

I hope your move goes OK and PM me if you all want to pop round for a cuppa one day? You are more than welcome.

Sarah
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

We rented from Dale and I was lucky the day I walked into her office.... she had on her books a lovely large rental in Beachlands... it was just pot luck I asked her that day, it was before it had been advertised. We stayed there for over a year before buying this old place.