Lots to do

Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lots to do

Hello to everyone!
We are hoping to move to the Upper Hutt area near Wellington round about mid to late summer time.

Currently studying for AAT3 in Accounting as it should hopefully help me get a Financial Manager or Managment Account position. My husband has been told that as a team leader he is unlikely to get residency on this title, but could go back to Bakery Foreman which he was for 15 years, although he hasnt actually been in the baking trade for over 10 years.

Any thoughts on the above, also we have visited NZ as I have family there any thoughts good or negative on Upper Hutt.

Any info would be appreciated, especially as we have not yet applied for any jobs etc as we are currently doing up our house to sell before we move, although we might end up renting it out.

We have three children, 6, 4 and 2 the younger two really want to go back, the oldest one not so sure as she says she will miss her friends + 1 cat who will also go.

We have been assessed as suitable to go with necessary points etc although we personally wont use an immigration agent as they gave conflicting information (we asked two), and had to find out actual info ourselves to confirm who was right and who was wrong.

Thanks, think this forum is a great idea have gleened lots of useful tips already.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lots to do

Welcome to you & your family

Still here in UK we are waiting to sell house have an offer so hoping all goes well, still early days.

Dewb
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Hello to everyone!
We are hoping to move to the Upper Hutt area near Wellington round about mid to late summer time.

Currently studying for AAT3 in Accounting as it should hopefully help me get a Financial Manager or Managment Account position. My husband has been told that as a team leader he is unlikely to get residency on this title, but could go back to Bakery Foreman which he was for 15 years, although he hasnt actually been in the baking trade for over 10 years.

Thanks, think this forum is a great idea have gleened lots of useful tips already.
Hi - what is your husband's current work as that might help us help you? I am CIMA qualified but I think AAT maps quite well with the NZICA AT status - you might want to check it out on www.nzica.co.nz. Look for Assistant Accountant positions on trade me or seek to give you ideas of salaries, vacancies, etc.

Good luck
Alison
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Lots to do

My husband is a shift/team leader at Eaton Aerospace which makes parts for aircraft. He was told when we were assessed that he would need to be a manager to qualify for skilled migration as shift/team leader wasnt on the skilled migrants list and wouldnt qualify and that is why he would be better going back as a baker as that is on the list, it would just be a case of getting someone to take a chance and give him a job.

Thanks for the info re AAT will definately have a look see.

Alison
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Have you chosen Upper Hutt for a specific reason or just randomly?

I personally don't like the Hutt....Wellington is nice though and so are the smaller towns up the west coast.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have two half brothers and one half sister who live there (one in Mangaroa, one in Whitemans Valley and the sister in Wallaceville). Thats the main reason really, not really had a chance to explore the west coast etc ran out of time on our trip last year.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
I have two half brothers and one half sister who live there (one in Mangaroa, one in Whitemans Valley and the sister in Wallaceville). Thats the main reason really, not really had a chance to explore the west coast etc ran out of time on our trip last year.
Ahh family is always a good reason. And from memory (even if a little faded) Walliceville is OK.

I lived in the hutt (lower) for a couple of years and found it quite blerk. But then, good friends of mine live in lower hutt and they absolutely love it.

We lived over West in Paraparaumu and travelled over to lower up for BBQs and stuff every other weekend - takes about 45 mins.

Lovely beach over West. Shopping is better in the hutt though lol

But it always helps to have family close when you move somewhere new. Wherever you live - good luck, NZ is a fantastic country so I am sure you will love it.