Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

looking for friends in Wellington!!

looking for friends in Wellington!!

Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

MarkandAshlieBuck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for friends in Wellington!!

Hi Everyone

Mark and Ashlie Here!!!

We Are currently residing in Plimmerton (until furniture arrives mid August) and we are looking for a bit of a social life in Wellington. I am a welder and Ashlie (my wife) is an interior designer.. We are pretty down to earth and by no means Party animals. I know its Winter here in Wellie and not really the time to be wheeling out the barbies but we are looking for some friendly faces here in Wellington who would welcome some new faces into the city. We are mid 30's couple but we are happy to mingle with anyone young or old, any nationality..

Drop us an email if you fancy a night out or a night in..

Many thanks

Mark and Ashlie Buckingham
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:32 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for friends in Wellington!!

Hi Mark and Ashlie,

We are moving to the Welly area in September, my OH Hilary has just got a job in Porirua. Obviously not ready to meet up yet though!

We stayed at the backpackers in Plimmerton last year (just for one night). How's it working out living there? Are you renting or living in holiday accomodation? Do you have jobs?

WP
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkandAshlieBuck
Hi Everyone

Mark and Ashlie Here!!!

We Are currently residing in Plimmerton (until furniture arrives mid August) and we are looking for a bit of a social life in Wellington. I am a welder and Ashlie (my wife) is an interior designer.. We are pretty down to earth and by no means Party animals. I know its Winter here in Wellie and not really the time to be wheeling out the barbies but we are looking for some friendly faces here in Wellington who would welcome some new faces into the city. We are mid 30's couple but we are happy to mingle with anyone young or old, any nationality..

Drop us an email if you fancy a night out or a night in..

Many thanks

Mark and Ashlie Buckingham

Hi Mark and Ashlie,

alas it's not party season yet with the barbies... so it's all a bit quiet at the moment in Porirua, but being only round the corner from you in Whitby we'd be more than happy to meet up! How does a coffee sound first up?

Simon...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

PalangIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Mark and Ashlie
Welcome to Wellington and You have got to love Plimmerton! The Greek Chippy is good and so is the Curry House :-)
I live down in Johnsonville and work in Porirua and the Mrs lives in Porirua too.
If you wana grab a coffee or a beer let us know always keen.

Cheers
Ian
:-)
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PalangIan
Hello
Mark and Ashlie
Welcome to Wellington and You have got to love Plimmerton! The Greek Chippy is good and so is the Curry House :-)
I live down in Johnsonville and work in Porirua and the Mrs lives in Porirua too.
If you wana grab a coffee or a beer let us know always keen.

Cheers
Ian
:-)
Hello to all of you, we're 1.5hrs north of Wellington, in Masterton. If you're ever passing through and want to meet up with a young family also seeking out friends in and around the surrounding areas, please let us know.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:20 am
Just Joined

kiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nicekiwi_allens is just really nice

hi everyone

we are in upper hutt and also looking for friends we are in our mid-late 20's and have a 2 and half year old girl, so if anyone would like to meet up for a cuppa then let us know. we have been here for 9 months so know our way round quite well.

amy, james and holly
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:38 am
Just Joined

PalangIan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Amy, James and Holly
Hey there welcome to NZ :-)
I hope that your 9 months have been great! I have been here for 3 1/2 years and is home now :-)
If you would like to meet up with myself n the Mrs that sounds great. Am early 30's and always good to have fellow Poms to chat with about old Blighty lol
We're over Porirua way but a stones throw.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 10:57 am
Just Joined

MarkandAshlieBuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Amy, James and Holly, We are currently looking at properties in Upper Hutt with a view to moving there. We will try to catch up with you shortly for a coffee if the offer still stands.

Thank you for all your replies and messages!! We are trying to make an effort to meet up with everyone that posted. It is nice to know that there are people out there in Wellington that have been through the same as us and are willing to meet up for a coffee and give any advice that is needed...

Many thanks again

Mark and Ashlie
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Traceyann71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mark and Ashlie
Welcome to NZ. We live and work in Porirua. We have been here 1yr and enjoy meeting new people so If you wanna grab a coffee or something a little stronger let us know.
Traceyann & Stephen
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

magwa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: looking for friends in Wellington!!

Hello!

First time posting on here but have been an avid lurker.

Myself and my partner are in Welly. We have been here since Feb and are keen to meet other folks. I'm a kiwi but my partner is English, we are both in our thirties and live in Brooklyn. We were living in London and in total I've been away from NZ for 10 years!

Would love to catch up sometime

Kel & Ben
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

I'm off to the Black Harp (cnr of Featherston and Johnson) for a few drinks after work tonight with a couple of other pom's. Feel free to come along and say hi We'll be there from about 5pm, and the pub does a free BBQ to stave off the hunger.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleverchap
I'm off to the Black Harp (cnr of Featherston and Johnson) for a few drinks after work tonight with a couple of other pom's. Feel free to come along and say hi We'll be there from about 5pm, and the pub does a free BBQ to stave off the hunger.
Bugger!!! i chose the wrong day to work from home...
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:56 am
Just Joined

magwa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: looking for friends in Wellington!!

Hey Cleverchap

Thanks for the invite

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it tonight, but we are keen to catch up another time. Do you usually go to the Black Harp for an after work drink on a friday?

Kel
Old Aug 6th 2010, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Hey magwa

Yeah the BlackHarp has become a bit of a regular haunt for us just lately!!! (prob because of the free bbq and cold nights)

But come summer time we'll be found in Mac's soaking up the sun and cider
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:09 am
Just Joined

jim b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark and Ashlie

We also moved to Plimmerton a few weeks ago - we have an 18month old boy, just renting here for a few months until we decide where to be. If you fancy a coffee sometime let us know.

cheers

James, nichole & Izaac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.