Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Looking for donations

Looking for donations

Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:32 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for donations

Hi all - I work for Bayleys real estate and they are one of the main sponsors of Guide Dogs for the Blind in New Zealand. They're running a charity auction and I wondered if anyone on here would be interested in taking part. If you've got a business it'll be great publicity because it will get lots of PR coverage in the local and national media. So..... whether it's a service, an item or even your time any donation will be gratefully received..... this is a bit of the blurb - if anyone wants further info just PM me with your email address and I'll send it on.

The Great Guide Dog Online Auction is a massive fundraising collaboration for the Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind’s (RNZFB) Guide Dog Services. An online auction featuring more than 2,000 sensational items that will be open to the entire population. And Bayleys is making it possible.

Thanks in advance

Mods - is it ok for me to put this here? I should probably have asked first..... going for forgiveness rather than permission now :-)
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking for donations

Gun toting Kiwi once said to us when referring to a neighbouring tree.
"Better to say sorry after, than please first"
Chainsaw started.

How can I not be interested. RTA at 19. Damaged head, body and eyesight . Scary blind for a while... and a bit hibbilty , hobbilty . One brilliant eyeball for decades ( Alastair Moody) and then some 20th century intervention causing total confusion.

Stick it in your signature. I'm sticking it as a thread. That way we will all see it.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:40 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Gun toting Kiwi once said to us when referring to a neighbouring tree.
"Better to say sorry after, than please first"
Chainsaw started.

How can I not be interested. RTA at 19. Damaged head, body and eyesight . Scary blind for a while... and a bit hibbilty , hobbilty . One brilliant eyeball for decades ( Alastair Moody) and then some 20th century intervention causing total confusion.

Stick it in your signature. I'm sticking it as a thread. That way we will all see it.
Jeez Bevs! I'm wavering between being terribly sorry and terribly impressed

I'm dreadfully short sighted, my brother's got the same eyesight (thanks Ma!) and he's got diabetes as well so........ mind you, he plays guitar and sings so we tell him he can go busking Thank you though - I really appreciate the sticky
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:41 am
By name and by nature

I should have said - the auction is on 8th March so as soon as possible would be good please if anyone's interested.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:46 am
`

Originally Posted by Batty
Jeez Bevs! I'm wavering between being terribly sorry and terribly impressed

I'm dreadfully short sighted, my brother's got the same eyesight (thanks Ma!) and he's got diabetes as well so........ mind you, he plays guitar and sings so we tell him he can go busking Thank you though - I really appreciate the sticky
Don't get the sorry at all . I had to squint to see that post.

Hope the sticky helps.

You know what the next thing will be don't you?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:15 am
By name and by nature

Originally Posted by BEVS
Don't get the sorry at all . I had to squint to see that post.

Hope the sticky helps.

You know what the next thing will be don't you?
Sorry for you - which I think would not be appreciated! I could handle being deaf and dumb (I learned sign language as a child cos we had deaf and dumb friends) but having a problem with my sight would be a whole different ball game! It's a discussion I've had a few times when you wonder what you could cope with...

And no...... I don't know what the next thing will be but why do I think I won't like it?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:03 am
`

Originally Posted by Batty
And no...... I don't know what the next thing will be but why do I think I won't like it?
I can't remember but whatever it was it wouldn't have been other than a bit of fun. Maybe it'll come to me again. It's that knock on the head I had . Addled me forever
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:34 am
By name and by nature

Nothing I can't believe that nobody wants free publicity for a business or service. We've had all sorts of things donated - from a date with Rachel Hunter to a signed soccer ball from Rod Stewart to a vasectomy!!!!!! So, come on - any and all donations gratefully received and you'll get loads of free publicity! This is a chance to be part of something unique.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for donations-guide-dog.bmp