Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Living so far away....

Living so far away....

Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Living so far away....

This is a bit of a rant, as I need to vent!
Why is it when you move this far away certain 'friends' and few relatives expect you to drop everything as soon as possible to come back to visit them, without the thought that it costs a bomb, and it isn't so easy so soon after moving here??? Yet, if you asked them to come and visit, their answer would be, "oooh, but it is so far! We would need to take at least a month off!"

AAAARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse:

I would love to be able to have that luxury, but this is the real world and I have not yet found my fame and fortune!!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:44 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living so far away....

Originally Posted by NZBee
This is a bit of a rant, as I need to vent!
Why is it when you move this far away certain 'friends' and few relatives expect you to drop everything as soon as possible to come back to visit them, without the thought that it costs a bomb, and it isn't so easy so soon after moving here??? Yet, if you asked them to come and visit, their answer would be, "oooh, but it is so far! We would need to take at least a month off!"

I would love to be able to have that luxury, but this is the real world and I have not yet found my fame and fortune!!!!!!
Yep agree, they expect us to visit,,but when I ask them about visiting us its oooh its a bit expensive far away...duhhhhhhh....:curse:

and i seem to be the one who phones and emails regular, i suppose we end up being the people who emigrated to New Zealand...
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

and i seem to be the one who phones and emails regular, i suppose we end up being the people who emigrated to New Zealand...[/QUOTE]

Yup, us too. In the main most of those in the UK appear to have forgotten we exist. Fair game aye? We did decide to come here, they just get on with their lives fine without us, and us without them. But I do seem to make most of the effort contacting people..have given up on a few.

Such is life.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:04 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
and i seem to be the one who phones and emails regular, i suppose we end up being the people who emigrated to New Zealand...
Yup, us too. In the main most of those in the UK appear to have forgotten we exist. Fair game aye? We did decide to come here, they just get on with their lives fine without us, and us without them. But I do seem to make most of the effort contacting people..have given up on a few.

Such is life.[/QUOTE]

Noticed your from Northampton, ha ha small world, we are from Daventry....ha ha and what you said is true, they get on with their lives, in dreary Northants....
Old Aug 6th 2008, 7:45 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=NZBee;6649445]This is a bit of a rant, as I need to vent!
Yet, if you asked them to come and visit, their answer would be, "oooh, but it is so far! We would need to take at least a month off!"

Bounce it right back, let them know it's just as expensive for you and you also need a month off.
I always says it's cheaper for them to come here as it costs less to entertain yourself once you arrive.

Pauline