Living the Dream

Old Jul 28th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living the Dream

Originally Posted by banjax
Are house prices coming down 20% to 30% as in the UK ?
You need to get some better dreams! Is that what you really dream about?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:12 am
Just Joined

banjax is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Living the Dream

If you fly into Auckland, a great day trip whilst you're recovering from jet-lag is to Tiritiri Matangi. Ferry goes from Auckland CBD, calls at Gulf Harbour & then onto Tiritiri. Do the guided tour for an extra $5, you'll need to take a packed lunch with you. It's an interesting & relaxing day out seeing some of the native birds & geckos.
Thats great, will be travelling with a 2 year old. Anything to do in Auckland whilst recovering from jet-lag with a 2 year old?

Last edited by banjax; Jul 28th 2009 at 8:21 am. Reason: Tags messed up
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
You need to get some better dreams! Is that what you really dream about?
Is this what you mean?

We all enjoy outdoors activities and are seeking a rural and beach life but house prices and working culture here are still impossible. We would like to live near a medium sized city/town for access to schools, medical facilities and civilisation but ideally we would like to build a house in the long term.

Are you or is anybody you know living this dream in NZ or anywhere else?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:09 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

In the South island the usual candidates for immigrants are Nelson, Christchurch and Dunedin (in no particular order). There is plenty of opportunity to build your own place within easy drive of any of these centres, and close to the sea too.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Life for me is amazing here...I'm living real life & I do have horrendous days at work, bad weather, and weeks when the salary doesn't quite stretch as far as the bills need it too. Oh, and I also have teenagers who prang cars...but there's another story . BUT.... life is good here, I've achieved everything I wanted and more, so, yes, I'm living MY personal dream, and I feel pretty darned privileged to be able to say that.

When visiting I reckon Rotorua has to be a real "must-see" place...but OK, I admit it, entirely prejudiced. There is a lot to see and do though.....and don't believe everything you read about the smell, it seriously isn't that bad
Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Is this what you mean?
No. Lapsed Kiwi was referring to your post, within your Living the Dreams thread, about NZ house prices falling by 20 to 30% . I put a post behind this referring to a real estate website to help.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tomsk
Life for me is amazing here...I'm living real life & I do have horrendous days at work, bad weather, and weeks when the salary doesn't quite stretch as far as the bills need it too. Oh, and I also have teenagers who prang cars...but there's another story . BUT.... life is good here, I've achieved everything I wanted and more, so, yes, I'm living MY personal dream, and I feel pretty darned privileged to be able to say that.

When visiting I reckon Rotorua has to be a real "must-see" place...but OK, I admit it, entirely prejudiced. There is a lot to see and do though.....and don't believe everything you read about the smell, it seriously isn't that bad
Are you on commission from the council then??!!
We will see for ourselves soon hopefully!!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Is this what you mean?
I had missed the bit in your OP about house prices. Who can tell whether they will come down more here?
I think it's safe to say that prices are already much cheaper in NZ if you want to live near the coast, in a nice area, close to a decent sized town
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great, will be travelling with a 2 year old. Anything to do in Auckland whilst recovering from jet-lag with a 2 year old?
Kelly Tarlton's & Auckland zoo might be two places to consider
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Kelly Tarlton's & Auckland zoo might be two places to consider
Any Thermal pool type spa places in Auckland for relaxing the jet lag the day after landing?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

Waiwera Spa Pools is lovely with lots of slides for the kids, movie pool plus an assortment of thermals

It's North Auckland past Orewa and Hatfields Beach but i hear it's much better than the South/West Auckland ones, last time i went there i got nattering to ladies who'd travelled up from Beachlands, Titirangi and Manakau as they prefer it!

www.waiwera.co.nz
Old Jul 29th 2009, 4:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rustie
Waiwera Spa Pools is lovely with lots of slides for the kids, movie pool plus an assortment of thermals

It's North Auckland past Orewa and Hatfields Beach but i hear it's much better than the South/West Auckland ones, last time i went there i got nattering to ladies who'd travelled up from Beachlands, Titirangi and Manakau as they prefer it!

www.waiwera.co.nz
What she says
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Pinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nicePinkkat75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Me, me, me, ooooo, me, I am ... living the dream! Sadly have yet to have Jonnie Depp turn up in his Jack Sparrow get up - but definitely living someones, some kind of dream!
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Oi, that's MY DREAM
I THINK you'll BOTH find that's actually MY dream - hands off!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pinkkat75
I THINK you'll BOTH find that's actually MY dream - hands off!
I'm prepared to fight
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:45 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
I think it's safe to say that prices are already much cheaper in NZ if you want to live near the coast, in a nice area, close to a decent sized town
.....in a house built like a shed in many cases- lets be honest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.