Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Living in Auckland

Living in Auckland

Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:23 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Auckland

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,
Nothing to do with the thread but i noticed you said Coventry. Where abouts do you live in lovely Coventry? I've just moved from Nutbrook Avenue to my dads house before we leave in November.
we're in Bubbenhall - out past Bagington on the way to Leamington. When are you off ??
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Nothing to do with the thread but i noticed you said Coventry. Where abouts do you live in lovely Coventry? I've just moved from Nutbrook Avenue to my dads house before we leave in November.

Hi

does anyone know where the good surfing beaches are? And how far out are they from the city are they? What are housing costs like around them?
Ta.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nero
Hi

does anyone know where the good surfing beaches are? And how far out are they from the city are they? What are housing costs like around them?
Ta.
best is piha beach in west auckland or muriwai again west auckland

prices around them tend to be high but west auckland prices vary depending on area...3 bedroomed property around $350,000

west auckland is around 30-45 mins drive from piha

D
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kwprwn
best is piha beach in west auckland or muriwai again west auckland

prices around them tend to be high but west auckland prices vary depending on area...3 bedroomed property around $350,000

west auckland is around 30-45 mins drive from piha

D
my old surfy mate used to go to Ragland alot but thats quite a bit further. Keen surfers dont seem to mind the long trip though.
About 4/5 times a year the surf is good enough in the east coast bays for a bit of surfing! I used to watch them from my window.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
we're in Bubbenhall - out past Bagington on the way to Leamington. When are you off ??
We fly out from Birmingham on the 7th November, due to arrive in Auckland on 15th. Hubby needs to get looking for work then so we can stay. Can't say i'll miss Coventry.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:52 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

We fly out from Birmingham on the 7th November, due to arrive in Auckland on 15th. Hubby needs to get looking for work then so we can stay. Can't say i'll miss Coventry.
good luck folks - Mrs L's mid-tel interview now - I must be more nervous as I can hear snippets!!!! :scared: :scared:
We're in the same position but are hoping to go in early Jan and have a week or two hols before Mrs L starts work (and I might!!!) - - - or just become kindie dad.....