Lifestyle.

Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:25 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Talking Lifestyle.

Hi

I always find it amazing the number of new people on this site that state a move to NZ is for lifestyle is cheaper and to escape life in UK.

Whether you like it or not life is life where ever you live, you still have to work and do all the same day to day living activies you do in UK.

As for lifestyle we had just as good a lifstyle living in England and did just as many things, however living in NZ allows you to explore new places and gives you easy and affordable access for OZ travel.

I like living in NZ, but also loved England and would also live in OZ, if the course of live took us in that direction.

The point I am trying to make is that the reason to come and live here should be it is something inside that you have wanted to do or maybe you have been given the chance through work and not that life in UK is crap and all your problems will be solved here, in fact in many ways your problems maybe worse over here so far from home .

From our point of view, would we have changed what we did and not have come, NO. However we would quite happily go back to live in England and it is nice to have the choices to do both. We could never say that we will be here forvever, but that is a how we are and others are different.

I think the chance to live and work in any new country is a great experiance that will enrich your life, but it does cost money and you always have to have an escape plan.

Good luck to you all whatever you live.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lifestyle.

What a great post !!

Gill
Old Jul 31st 2005, 3:44 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes good post!

I always wonder why lots of folk want to shed their britishness when they dream of migrating to another country. If you dare to say you mix with other Brits when you arrive you are accused of creating a British expat getto.

We'll stay long enough for citizenship then who knows what the future holds
Old Jul 31st 2005, 5:52 am
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Smile Re: Lifestyle.

Originally Posted by sky
Yes good post!

I always wonder why lots of folk want to shed their britishness when they dream of migrating to another country. If you dare to say you mix with other Brits when you arrive you are accused of creating a British expat getto.

We'll stay long enough for citizenship then who knows what the future holds
Thats just what we will do, to get the citizenship and give the children the choice when they get older to work and live in NZ, Oz, Uk or Europe without any red tape, as well as a good education it would open up the world to them and all it has to offer. But whatever they or we do we are English and that is their home and always will be, it is where they were born and they identify with it as home. However they are enthusiastic and positive Kiwis, who are having a great childhood and a wealth of new experiences. We are proud of England and think it is a great country and most Kiwis we have met think the same, it is only sometimes the British who like to knock it all the time.
It was great to see the Lions fans hear and the atmosphere in Wellington was brilliant and a day i will always remember.
The chance to live in another country is fantastic, but don't throw away your past, it is part of who we all are..

All the best Kev
Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Dizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the roughDizibella is a jewel in the rough

Kev

Cheers for this.... you've made a really good point here! We want to move to NZ for an adventure, a change of scenery, new places to explore and new people to meet. We love the UK and especially Cornwall, but we really don't want our 2 kids to think the world starts and ends here, a very Cornish attitude I'm afraid! We don't have enough surplus cash to go on lots of overseas holidays and have explored the UK loads. So we thought, like you, how fantastic to get the kids dual nationality and have the choices this will bring them in their adulthood. We are not turning our backs on the UK, it is a great place but we want to try something else for a while. You make a very salient point about the financial side of things ... and what we gain in one area we may lose in another. But it's not about the money, it's all about gaining a different view ..... oops getting a bit deep here!!

Anyway thanks for making the point in the first place....
Suki
PS where's the smilie for 'thoughtful'?? Any ideas anyone??
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:16 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by St George Six
Hi

I always find it amazing the number of new people on this site that state a move to NZ is for lifestyle is cheaper and to escape life in UK.

Whether you like it or not life is life where ever you live, you still have to work and do all the same day to day living activies you do in UK.

As for lifestyle we had just as good a lifstyle living in England and did just as many things, however living in NZ allows you to explore new places and gives you easy and affordable access for OZ travel.

I like living in NZ, but also loved England and would also live in OZ, if the course of live took us in that direction.

The point I am trying to make is that the reason to come and live here should be it is something inside that you have wanted to do or maybe you have been given the chance through work and not that life in UK is crap and all your problems will be solved here, in fact in many ways your problems maybe worse over here so far from home .

From our point of view, would we have changed what we did and not have come, NO. However we would quite happily go back to live in England and it is nice to have the choices to do both. We could never say that we will be here forvever, but that is a how we are and others are different.

I think the chance to live and work in any new country is a great experiance that will enrich your life, but it does cost money and you always have to have an escape plan.

Great attitude. Well balanced.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Hi

FANTASTIC POST!! AGree with it all. We love being here - but at the moment also considering maybe going home either for good - or for a bit. Either way - we are lucky we have the choice. It has beome quite expensive to live here - I have noticed a HUGE increase rev=cently in our food shopping bill and our petrol bill as well as our heating - and reckon we are not better off - financially now. HOWEVER - we are experiencing something different to home and an opportunity missed is an opportunity wasted, we took it, we are trying it - we like it, but we migh just try something else now for a bit - or maybe not. Life is about living, not wasting. So, we may posting from somewhere else later - or not - NZ life is great - but we forget that its NOT all bad at home either, in fact some parts of the UK are just FAB, I just want to live a little and meet great people and have fun!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Thats just what we will do, to get the citizenship and give the children the choice when they get older to work and live in NZ, Oz, Uk or Europe without any red tape, as well as a good education it would open up the world to them and all it has to offer. But whatever they or we do we are English and that is their home and always will be, it is where they were born and they identify with it as home. However they are enthusiastic and positive Kiwis, who are having a great childhood and a wealth of new experiences. We are proud of England and think it is a great country and most Kiwis we have met think the same, it is only sometimes the British who like to knock it all the time.
It was great to see the Lions fans hear and the atmosphere in Wellington was brilliant and a day i will always remember.
The chance to live in another country is fantastic, but don't throw away your past, it is part of who we all are..

All the best Kev
Even beter post - has made me remember why we came here - the kids - and thats why we should stay a bit longer?? GREAT outlook, you're a star.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:28 pm
Life's a beach

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Even beter post - has made me remember why we came here - the kids - and thats why we should stay a bit longer?? GREAT outlook, you're a star.
Hi,
Reminds me of when we first came here, our daughter on her first day at school was amazed to see alot of the children did not where shoes :scared: , and questioned as to why this was and it was sad that they were so poor. She soon lost her shoes due to the heat!!!!!!
That was summer though. However I do notice a few shoe less people all year round.
Thats what we travelled 12,000 miles for.

Kev