Leeds United

Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default Re: Leeds United

spread the word, good to have another one
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

English Longbowman is an unknown quantity at this point

Another one here. Originally from Todmorden. Been in NZ 22 years, 20 of them in Auckland but now in Hawkes Bay. First visits to Leeds in the late 70s.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

nice one join the facebook group, Kiwi Whites, might end up with NZ first supporters club out of this!!!
Old Nov 7th 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

feel better for that im even going to watch the game on Tuesday morning
Old Nov 7th 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice

Originally Posted by rason
Hi, How are you watching the game? Is it on the internet? Do you have to subscribe? Thanks.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if we make it over there, there'll be another Leeds fan joining you! Great result this weekend away to Coventry.

We have just started looking at the emigration process, currently having our skills assessed by "working-in". Partner is a surgical nurse, I am in IT (with relevant honours degree) and both 27 & 26 respectively.

This probably isn't the right thread, but do you think our chances are good? My main concern is about getting work over there. We're not sure where we want to go, but Auckland and Christchurch seem attractive!

David.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:44 am
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice

Originally Posted by davros1984
Well, if we make it over there, there'll be another Leeds fan joining you! Great result this weekend away to Coventry.

We have just started looking at the emigration process, currently having our skills assessed by "working-in". Partner is a surgical nurse, I am in IT (with relevant honours degree) and both 27 & 26 respectively.

This probably isn't the right thread, but do you think our chances are good? My main concern is about getting work over there. We're not sure where we want to go, but Auckland and Christchurch seem attractive!

David.
Probably best to look at jobs for the different areas now before you leave the UK so you know where to head - seek.co.nz or tradme.co.nz are good sites for jobs, but also look at recruitment agencies for your different skill areas I would say. I would have thought that Auckland would be good a good place to start for you both with the skills you have though.

Hope this helps!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richardse
Probably best to look at jobs for the different areas now before you leave the UK so you know where to head - seek.co.nz or tradme.co.nz are good sites for jobs, but also look at recruitment agencies for your different skill areas I would say. I would have thought that Auckland would be good a good place to start for you both with the skills you have though.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! I've made a fuller post in this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692745

From what we've learned already, Auckland does sound like the best place to start. Yes, have contacted Kelly's and absolute IT, awaiting a response at present. There's so much to do and investigate!

Thanks for the advice!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

I love Tauranga where i live but Auckland is probably where it all happens in your field, You can find a stream to watch pretty much any game or sporting event if you google and get it right my p2p
Old Nov 9th 2010, 9:46 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rason
You blokes might be interested to know that there is a new book just out about Don Revie, apparently he was a controversial figure but most fans seem to have loved him. I saw the author being interviewed on BBC Look North/ Leeds tonight.
Pat.