Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Leaving UK Random Banking Tip

Leaving UK Random Banking Tip

Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:57 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving UK Random Banking Tip

Just thought when replying to someone trying to sell their car last minute in the UK.

Leave a couple of signed cheques and some paying-in slips for your UK accounts with a family member/friend to settle any outstanding bills after you've gone or receive in any refunds. We had all our post re-directed to Granny Loolah so she could open and pay any bills that came late and credit any refund cheques that came after we'd left.

Bit random, the other thread made me think of it ...

I'll get me coat ...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:42 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving UK Random Banking Tip

Good tip
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody with the Nationwide who does online banking needs to order new cards and a card reader asap cos they will be stopping all the old cards and replacing them.

More random tips:

You can set up a POST BOX in advance of coming out. Its a bit convoluted but you have to 'post a question' which sets you up with a reference number (don't forget to hit the submit button which I missed the first time round) and then they require a scanned copy of your passport or dl and visa payment. Quick, easy and good to do before arriving so you can get post redirected from the UK.

This one is really random.... I had quite a lot of leftover, in date, unopened food which I had nobody to give to so I took it to the Sally Army and they were very grateful.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Anybody with the Nationwide who does online banking needs to order new cards and a card reader asap cos they will be stopping all the old cards and replacing them.

More random tips:

You can set up a POST BOX in advance of coming out. Its a bit convoluted but you have to 'post a question' which sets you up with a reference number (don't forget to hit the submit button which I missed the first time round) and then they require a scanned copy of your passport or dl and visa payment. Quick, easy and good to do before arriving so you can get post redirected from the UK.

This one is really random.... I had quite a lot of leftover, in date, unopened food which I had nobody to give to so I took it to the Sally Army and they were very grateful.
Hi Cappucino - I have looked on the Nationwide site and I cannot see anything about new cards and card readers. Can you point me in the right direction, as this card has been a life saver at times here in NZ and I would not like to lose it. Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:21 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nero
Hi Cappucino - I have looked on the Nationwide site and I cannot see anything about new cards and card readers. Can you point me in the right direction, as this card has been a life saver at times here in NZ and I would not like to lose it. Thanks
http://www.nationwide.co.uk/security/news_and_alerts/ and http://www.nationwide.co.uk/security...bit_card_faqs/