Reload this Page >

Leaving Presents....help!!?!

Leaving Presents....help!!?!

Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Chockers1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving Presents....help!!?!

Hey all,

Leaving for auckland in five days and have a party saturday night and thought hmmmm leaving presents.

Now being a man present isnt something i am great with, does anyone have any cool ideas for gifts for loved ones etc?

Ive sorted a few out with special pictures etc, flowers the usual

Thanks

Rob
Old Oct 9th 2014, 3:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Presents....help!!?!

Being female doesn't make it easier, not this one anyway!

I didn't get anyone anything

Only thing I can think of is maybe some jewellery for those you are particularly close to?? Probably only a female thing though.
My Dad unexpectedly gave me a lovely bracelet at Heathrow when I left which I will treasure forever Thanks Dad, how to turn me into even more of a blubbering mess!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:35 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we didn't do leaving presents for those left behind either, had enough to sort out without having to think about that as well.

We do send home photo books every 6 months to my mum as she doesn't really do Skype, MrF's parents do the whole Skype, email and FB thing so we do sometimes feel at a lose as to what to say as we can speak so often.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nopes. No presents here either.

My old Dad gave me a kiss on my cheek when I was leaving. Wrecked me for the entire flight as he wasn't one for that, ever.

I send over bits of photos and the odd tale of NZ life. Seems to do it.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 10:00 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

We/I didn't give any leaving presents. It didn't occur to me to do it. Like most others, I/we had enough to do, to think about. We didn't have a leaving party like they do on the t.v. either.

I had learned from B.E. and probably a bit of my own common sense too not to have a great big heaving blubbering goodbye at the airport. My Dad would probably have taken us to the airport otherwise. I didn't want him driving home on the motorway upset and a bit distracted.

We had family breakfast at my Dad's house. Basically my sister and her 2 children came to his house to meet up with my husband and I so we could all have breakfast/brunch together. The taxi came at around midday to take us to the airport to board our one way flight to NZ.

That only works if your family circumstances/dynamics are similar to mine. Also, living 20 odd miles from Heathrow airport helped too.

Again it comes down to circumstance/expectations/personal preference.

Anyway, let's hear about these leaving presents.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Oct 9th 2014 at 10:05 pm. Reason: driving
Old Oct 10th 2014, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't really do leaving gifts either, actually I point blank refused to even say goodbye! Just did a normal coffee and leave type thing. Gave my neighbours a dog sculpture (doggy people) and one of my closest friends gave me a red glass heart that I hang at my bedroom window.
I don't think people really expect much, most realise how busy you are anyway. Photos, nice frames, jewellery.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 4:04 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Bought the rugby lads a jug, threw a leaving party for the neighbors and left my daughter some tears........
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:48 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

We had no party and I didn't buy anyone presents lol moving is expensive enough!

To be honest everyone got a very quick goodbye as I didn't want any emotion there. Didn't want to deal with a guilt trip.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 2:51 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Nopes. No presents here either.

My old Dad gave me a kiss on my cheek when I was leaving. Wrecked me for the entire flight as he wasn't one for that, ever.

I send over bits of photos and the odd tale of NZ life. Seems to do it.
Yeh my dad gave me the biggest hug ever and told me how proud he was of me. Never has he done that. I was a wreck too the only person who made me cry.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

yorkiebarkid is an unknown quantity at this point

We go in November and we are just having a meal I think my leaving gift is there's somewhere to stay when they visit me haha like others have said you have far to much on your mind then what to buy someone. With Facebook and Skype it's not like they need something to remember you by.